April 16, 2024, 09:43:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

When I joined this group

Started by esme, March 19, 2011, 06:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbie

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God give you strength during this difficult time.
                                        ((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

lancaster lady

Esme:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.  ~From a headstone in Ireland

In my thoughts today , with all the other unsung heroes , with my sincere sympathy Esme .
So sorry for your loss .

tryingmybest

Holding both you and your family up in prayer and light.

courtney

Esme, you must be so proud to have known & been loved by one of America's bravest & best. I am so sorry to you and your family. Be assured, there are many of us that mourn and cry with you, at the loss of another great hero. -Courtney

Pooh

Esme, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  There are no words that can express the terrible loss you are suffering.  God bless our hero, Sgt. 1st Class Daehan Park for his selfless dedication to family and country.  I thank him for his service. He will now be a guardian angel watching over you, your family and all of us. 

"Nothing is given to man on earth - struggle is built into the nature of life, and conflict is possible - the hero is the man who lets no obstacle prevent him from pursuing the values he has chosen."  - Andrew Bernstein
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Tara

Esme,

my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Tara

seasage

Dear Esme,

My deepest sympathy for you and for your loss.  Your stepson was truly a fine man, with so many military honors, including the Purple Heart.  Losing this young man is a great loss for all of us. 

His service is honored by Freedom Remembered: http://freedomremembered.com/index.php/sgt-1st-class-daehan-park/

Keys Girl

Dear Esme, I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I found this poem and hope it might bring you some comfort.

The Death of a Soldier

Life contracts and death is expected,
As in a season of autumn.
The soldier falls.

He does not become a three-days personage,
Imposing his separation,
Calling for pomp.

Death is absolute and without memorial,
As in a season of autumn,
When the wind stops,

When the wind stops and, over the heavens,
The clouds go, nevertheless,
In their direction.
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Hope

Esme,
My heart goes out to you and your family.  It does put things into perspective as you said in so many words.  I know you are very proud of Daehan and his dedication to others.  What a selfless man - an honorable and brave man.  I read the accomodations in the article seasage attached to her post and it was quite impressive.  You have every reason to be proud of such a fine soldier and son.  We are very proud to be his mom's friend through this medium and ache along with you.  I hope you feel our warm and loving regards.....and hugs and tears.
Praying for your peace and acceptance.
Hugs, Hope

LaurieS

Esme.. I just saw you online, and I have thought about you so much these past few days... Please let everyone know how you and your family are doing.  I have read several articles about Dae Han.. he was more then a good solider, he was a great man.  I pray the family can accept this loss... you are in all of our thoughts.

luise.volta

It's the unthinkable. All I can do it tell you that there are a lot of people here sending you whatever you need to get through this. We love you, dearly. I lost my son, too. Not when he was in the Marine Corps in Viet Nam but later. There are no words. Luise
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama