March 28, 2024, 10:25:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Birthday Wishes for Luise

Started by LaurieS, March 07, 2011, 12:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Was that your way of saying that you were going to nominate me?  You know you love me...you're just in denial.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

I thought the menus were instruction manuals for the new iMac. JK!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I asked my husband if I could have an IMac... he said that I wasn't an IMack kind of person lol... it just struck me as funny

Pen

He just means you aren't "artsy." You're more "engineer-y." Not whoo-whoo engineer, drafting-engineer. LOL
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I love the oo-words and my new Mac (believe it or not) but I keep repeating "owe!" I hit a key and go someplace I didn't want to go and then can't find my way back to where I was. It has a mind of its own and is smarter than I am, which is really intimidating. I will conquer it or die trying. (*No date or time has been set for the funeral.)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Don't you just hate when your toys are smarter than you?  It's like Jeopardy.  Any time that I want to remind myself that I am not that smart, I just turn it on.
Joseph Campbell

Hope

Luise,
Thanks for sharing your birthday pics and experiences with us.  You look amazing to add to what I already knew about you - that you are way advanced on your personality, humor, caringness, and smarts.
You ladies are so funny - you had me laughing out loud again - and I might wake up my dh!   :D  If I do it will be all your faults.  (It's only 7 am where I live.)  I'm so happy for Luise - her best birthday ever!!!!!  That's saying a lot since she's had 84 of them!  It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.
A special thanks to our wwu angel who arranged our little surprise.  I'm still amazed at how she got around the "loopholes" as Pooh put it. 
Love you all!
Hope