March 28, 2024, 02:43:26 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I'm so jealous of Holliberri!

Started by Scoop, March 22, 2011, 07:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Ha ha ha...now you have me giggling
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Scoop

Okay, I'm laughing too, because I'm thinking of how big my purse would have to be!  And how funny it would be for me to drag this piece of luggage to the table!

pam1

You guys are funny lol.  I eat what I can, it's just the dang principle of it.  And the fact that it's not just one meal in a day, she wants to do all 3 meals.  It's all just so overwhelming. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Oh great...thanks Scoop!  Now I have a visual of you dragging in one of those backpacks on wheels to the table.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on March 30, 2011, 09:11:59 AM
You guys are funny lol.  I eat what I can, it's just the dang principle of it.  And the fact that it's not just one meal in a day, she wants to do all 3 meals.  It's all just so overwhelming.

Yes Pam, she could and should.... can't you feel all the love and sympathy we have going for you here :) 

If you were here, I'd make you shrimp on the barbie .. I think that's how they say it in Australia .. we'd follow that with a multitude of meatless side dishes and fermented fruit juice.  I'm leaving dessert to Scoop and Pooh.

Pooh

Homemade red velvet cake with fresh cream cheese frosting?
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on March 30, 2011, 10:53:55 AM
Homemade red velvet cake with fresh cream cheese frosting?

Yeah that's it lets load her up with some red dye #40

Pooh

Like she'll care after you liquor her up....
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

yeah but drunk and poisoned I'll bet she balks when Pen comes running over to feed her some of that nasty sounding blood sausage (I'm not even doing a web search for that)

Pooh

Let's just say it's exactly what it sounds like.  And you better like the Twilight series.....
Joseph Campbell

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Barbie

You ladies are too funny!

Scoop,

I just read this and had to think really hard for the answer. I don't look down at DIL although she may think I do, I wish I knew how she felt, we don't talk, she won't talk to any of us, the little bit that I know about her are things that DS has told me as she wants nothing to do with us, she won't even come around any more. She's a perfectionist in her own way, DS says DIL and I have a lot in common, it could be that we're too much alike, trying to look back, I don't know how things got to where they are now, I never thought we would get to the point of not speaking and DS doesn't know how to handle the situation. 

I'm not sure why your MIL doesn't take under consideration what you guys like to eat, maybe she thinks it's something you guys like but won't make yourselves, we have someone in the family that prepared weird foods like that thinking it was a real treat for everyone that we wouldn't make because it was very time consuming. And why she doesn't have any treats for the grandchildren beats me but I'm sure she's not trying to be mean, maybe she wants them to learn to eat a little bit of everything. I don't know how old your MIL is but back in the days, kids didn't have all the choices they have now, they ate whatever was on the table.

Pen

Quote from: Laurie on March 30, 2011, 11:00:18 AM
yeah but drunk and poisoned I'll bet she balks when Pen comes running over to feed her some of that nasty sounding blood sausage (I'm not even doing a web search for that)

The blood sausage I had wasn't nasty at all. It was light and fluffy, no bloody blood anywhere. The name is gross, I admit.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

Pen.. I'm afraid that the name alone would stop me from trying it.  At what type of event did you try this gourmet treat?