March 28, 2024, 07:20:04 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Had to Share about my DH

Started by Pooh, March 22, 2011, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Yeah, I know.  Everyone groaned when they saw the subject line because you guys know I'm all mushy about my DH.  But I had to share what he wrote to me this morning.  We met on FB, 3 years ago tomorrow, and I will be out of town the next two days on a conference, so he is being all mushy about it today.  So I thought I would share what he composed this morning.  He's no Robert Frost, but he tries so hard and gets me all weepy-eyed.  Here's what he wrote:

Tis the eve of the day when you first said "OK",
Our beginings were clear and you first had all fear,
The hours turned to days and our time turned to play,
We shared much cheer and even some fears.

...it was quickly that we saw the unspeakable truth,
our journey had turned from the "ZONE" and into the unknown,
days turned to weeks and it was time to speak the truth,
yet the truth was early even though between us it was known.

We found in each other so much that our lives had shared,
its hard to believe that time was oh so not long ago,
yet today it feels that a lifetime of love has truly been shared
and three years later stronger than ever is our VELCRO!!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Two things to make this make sense to you guys.  We joked in the beginning, that I put him in the dreaded, "Friend Zone", thus the reference to "ZONE".

And I think I have told you guys, but I wouldn't tell him I loved him for a long time.  He finally put me on the spot and asked me, "Ok, so do you at least MORE than like me?"  And I blurted out that I would tell him the next day how I felt, because I panicked...Lol.  The next day, he held me to it, and I blurted out, "I Velcro You!"  He was stunned and got quiet and asked, what I meant by that.  I told him that I felt very stuck to him and would be ripped apart if he went away.

It was all I could think of in my panic!  So it became a big saying for us, including at our wedding, the Preacher produced two sides of Velcro, with our names on them, and had us stick them together before pronouncing, "Let no man pull apart what we have brought here today...".  It was priceless and to this day, we say Velcro before we part.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Well that was sweet Pooh .... I don't let my husband send me love letters any more... when he told me that he loves me more then a pig loves garbage.. I said ok that was all the creative freedom he was going to ever be allowed.

Pooh

Well, mine still writes love letters, I just have to go with the flow....Lol.

Remember, he is sweet but he still referred to my hiney as "The Dumper" one day.....sigh
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Velcro! I love it!

The poem was sweet, but the velcro part was the icing on the cake for me!

Pooh

I can't wait to surprise him tonight!  I pay attention when he mentions little things.  We were at a mall back in February, and they were having an antique show.  Some guy had all these old comic books and transformers and such.  One case had old matchbox cars and he was looking through it carefully.  I asked him what he was looking for (I already knew he loved matchbox cars) but he told me when he was 6 or 7, his Father had bought him the first police motorcycle matchbox.  He said it was all white and had a little blue plastic rider, and that he remembered carrying it everywhere for years.  He couldn't remember what happened to it, and has been looking for one for years.

Ha!  I found it on Ebay a couple of weeks ago and it showed up yesterday!  I absolutely can not wait to see his face tonight when he unwraps it! (Just pray I got the right one).
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Pooh :

Maybe we can clone your DH ...he sounds adorable . :)

Nana

Pooh...you husband has many fans in this forum. 
Next time I get a husband, I will choose one like yours lol.

Oh Pooh.  Love is all those little gesture that makes us feel special.  You are a lucky woman.  Never take for granted what you have.  Noursih it....and it will grow even more.  I am green in envy.  My doc. (husband) is a good guy, wonderful father, good human being but unable to express his love feelings.   

Stick together always Pooh......you are an awesome team.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

Oh, Pooh...what a darling! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Thanks guys, I definately know he is very special and treasure him.

And just so you know, I got the right motorcycle!  And he was speechless!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, I just love speechless guys!  ;D ;D ;D I can just see him, now, roaring off in a cloud of dust...grinning from ear to ear! In my picture, you are on behind him!  ;D ;D ;D

Speaking of great guys: Did I tell you that my "other guy" in coming here for 10 days...April 2  - 12? I'd better start a new thread on that and not try to hijack this one. Someone might report me to the Moderator!

Nana

You bet we will report you Luise lol.

Sending Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Hope

Pooh,
I'm so happy for you.  You really deserve a great guy!  Enjoy every minute of your time together.  Sometimes we don't realize how good someone is till they're gone.  Good for you for recognizing it in the present.
Speaking of "present" - what a great idea to find him his treasured police motorcyle matchbox car.  He's got a pretty darn good woman, you know.
Hugs, Hope

luise.volta

I still see him off in a cloud of dust withPooh on behind!  ;D ;D ;D

Pooh

Hee hee...thanks guys.  He is one in a million.  And the best thing about him?  He doesn't know it.  I tell him all the time, but he just finds what he does as normal.  He has no clue.....

I finally got my house up for sale 3-4 weeks ago, so if it ever sells.....I am so buying him a "real" motorcycle.  His dream is to own his own Harley, built for two, so we can go riding off in that cloud of dust Luise, on the weekends.  I would love to buy it for him.  He so deserves it.

Hope, my favorite thing to do is to find "odd" presents for him.  I have since the beginning.  He's a huge 80's fan, and from what people tell me and pictures, was a big ole' prep back in the 80's (high school years).  For his birthday last year, I found him a vintage "member's only" jacket, still with the original tags.  He was laughing for days!  ;D
Joseph Campbell