March 28, 2024, 09:55:22 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It's Spring

Started by LaurieS, March 20, 2011, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope

Hi everybody!  Rocks can be beautiful when placed right with the right plants imho.  I was just horrified when I found out that my dh paid $500 for some rocks to be delivered for some rock steps for our side yard.  Never thought it would cost so much!  And that delivery didn't include setting the rocks.  My dh used a backhoe or bobcat or something to do that.  He's in construction, so we've really had a full size backhoe in our yard - I just can't remember what equipment he used to move the rocks.  He's a real go getter and so good to me.
Go rocks!  Especially when they have ponds and waterfalls around them.  We dug a lot of rocks out of our yard, too, b/c we had our house built and they left a lot of rocks in the ground.  Not boulders, small enough to dig out.  What a pain!  I don't like those kinds of rocks.
Can't wait to see Laurie's finished project!  Bet it will be amazing.  (No pressure, Laurie.)
Hugs, Hope

LaurieS

I'm excited the rocks were delivered today, and they should be set in place come Monday.. I'm a little concerned about the ones that dh wanted near the house.. I hope it looks ok cause they are to big to move to a different spot without winning the lottery first :)

Hope

Hope we get to see the finished project!   ;D

luise.volta

Only Laurie could get all of  us excited about rocks...they're awesome!  8) (Put on Texas Glasses while viewing rocks!)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

If we had plentiful rocks like every other part of the world I'd be happy.  The do look good.. I need to find a day to go out and find some New Zealand Flax for the front area.. I think it will grow there are I don't get a lot of sun.... hopefully the agave, yucca garden will be finished soon.. all it needs is mulch ... always little projects waiting for us each spring

luise.volta

Spring: In the Spring an old man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love...just like it did when he was a young man. :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jim is arriving on 4-2 for 10 days.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pen

I'm so happy for you, Luise! Time to shave those legs after the long winter, eh?  ;)  ;D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

;D ;D ;D ;D One thing old ladies don't have to do. It has all disappeared!  :D :D :D :D

Pooh

Quote from: Pen on March 31, 2011, 10:02:44 PM
I'm so happy for you, Luise! Time to shave those legs after the long winter, eh?  ;)  ;D
Ok, now I have coffee coming out my nose!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Quote from: luise.volta on March 31, 2011, 10:09:09 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D One thing old ladies don't have to do. It has all disappeared!  :D :D :D :D

For real? OMG, I can't wait.

Pooh

Me too HB.  I'm hoping that means the mustache too!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

And those chin hairs that I feel like I pluck daily. LOL.

Pooh

OMG!  I can so relate.  I pluck those in the morning, and then they spring up again at night.  It's a never ending battle of taming the chin forest.
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Hahahahahahaha, I've begun waxing my chin and lip at home.  Tired of paying someone 40 bucks to do it. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

What do you use, Pam? My mom and I are thinking about doing a spa night, but if you do recall I'm the one that used paint thinner to get excess wax off when I fixed my bikini line at 16. I gotta make sure it works before we try it. LOL.