March 28, 2024, 04:45:16 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It's Spring

Started by LaurieS, March 20, 2011, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

I am writing a list of all these wonderful eating places , in case one day I come to the US......
you'll know it's me , I'll be talking like Shrek !!    lol

LaurieS

I'll bet that no one looks at you oddly as you are sipping hot coffee through a straw.. don't you burn your throat?  I figure my job is to enjoy life... my dentist is there to keep my teeth white or at least a shade of white.  I'm not a huge straight coffee starbuck's fan... I do like Dunkin Donuts coffee.. and Denny's...   At Starbucks I wait all year for the Pumpkin Spice Latte to resurface.

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on April 06, 2011, 07:24:23 AM
I'll bet that no one looks at you oddly as you are sipping hot coffee through a straw.. don't you burn your throat?  I figure my job is to enjoy life... my dentist is there to keep my teeth white or at least a shade of white.  I'm not a huge straight coffee starbuck's fan... I do like Dunkin Donuts coffee.. and Denny's...   At Starbucks I wait all year for the Pumpkin Spice Latte to resurface.

I like Dunkin Donuts coffee too and it will go on sale all the time by the pound for like 2 bag for 15.00.  We don't have one where we live, but it's in an ajoining City about 20 miles from us.  Any time we are that way, we stop in.  The Krispy Kreme is about 15 miles away.  I'm telling you...it's the truth.  We have all the donut shops on GPS.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

Haha, yes I do get odd looks and I always apologize to the person I'm with in case they think it's weird.  I can't drink it right away because it does burn so I wait a few minutes for it to cool a little.  I also eat berries really weird...I cut them so I can bite into them with my molars instead of my front teeth, you know those stain your teeth, too.  I'm weird.

LaurieS

Ok Pooh... she's all yours lol

overwhelmed123

elsieshaye

Nevermind, OW - my son drinks his hot Starbucks through a straw too.  (He doesn't care about his teeth, just really likes the straw.)  Ditto for hot chocolate.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

overwhelmed123

Maybe I should have pretended I think it tastes better through a straw so Laurie wouldn't shun me haha.  Oh well, at least I don't own any costumes, Laurie.  And the Renaissance fair weirds me out.

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on April 06, 2011, 07:37:30 AM
Ok Pooh... she's all yours lol

Yeah, well at least I know she has purty teeth!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

I just got off the phone ... here I was thinking it was Thursday.. I've been cleaning, and making out my shopping list for company on Fri and hubby's b-day.. just to find out it's only Wednesday

Naw.. I'd still sit and have a cup of coffee with you OW and you're right, that's mild compared to the Renaissance folks

holliberri

I was going to go to the Christmas Festival up there, Luise. I was told it was a must do.

For your benefit, I'm kind of glad I never made it up there!

luise.volta

Wherever the crowd is headed, you will find me headed in the opposite direction. Different strokes for different folks. I have just never needed to be entertained.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

I'll be right behind you Luise

elsieshaye

I have a friend who is a costumed performer at her local Renn faire, and has been for 20 years now, so it's really interesting to hear her stories and see all the prep work she does every year (lots and lots and lots of sewing, and rehearsals).  It's kind of like the Society for Creative Anachronism, and LARPing - an awesome community, and tons of fun if that's your thing, but totally inexplicable if it's not.  Just think of it as community theater that's only open once a year, but with turkey legs and ale. :)
This too shall pass.  All is well.

holliberri

Larping?

Is that what I saw the Marines doing on the base one day as I was leaving? They had like, NERF swords or something.

I drove around twice just to check it out one more time. They would do that from time to time after work.

I think the Renn Faire  would have been more fun if not so expensive. I think we spent $100 that day on the two of us.