March 28, 2024, 03:54:16 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It's Spring

Started by LaurieS, March 20, 2011, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

I am totally being bombarded by slurpee talk!

I never liked those things.

I was drinking my protein shake at work today...some guy goes...."UM....that's better with ice, just like a slurpee." I'm like, "I can't stand slurpees."

Then DH comes strolling in with one.

Now Pam is talking about them.

I might need to cave and try one just to make sure I still can't stand them.

Pen

I've never tried one. I can't get past the color.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

they come in any color imaginable... Do you all have Sonic's up there.. they make their version of a iced drink... lemon/lime/orange/cranberry.. only problem is they are known to almost kill you with brain freezes

luise.volta

They freeze my jaws first and the pain keeps me from going on to a brain freeeze.

(I still like th idea of the upsidedown building!)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

I'm with Laurie - 5 Guys is burger heaven locally.  I'm lucky enough to live in an area where we have WaWa AND Sonic AND 7-11 (and Johnny Rockets, which has the best chili cheese fries on the planet).

And, here I am, eating high fiber, low carb tortillas with fat free turkey breast and low cal string cheese.  What's wrong with me (besides the high cholesterol and diabetes brought on by too much WaWa AND Sonic AND 7-11 AND 5 Guys AND...)?  :D
This too shall pass.  All is well.

LaurieS

Quote from: elsieshaye on April 06, 2011, 06:15:59 AM
I'm with Laurie - 5 Guys is burger heaven locally.  I'm lucky enough to live in an area where we have WaWa AND Sonic AND 7-11 (and Johnny Rockets, which has the best chili cheese fries on the planet).

And, here I am, eating high fiber, low carb tortillas with fat free turkey breast and low cal string cheese.  What's wrong with me (besides the high cholesterol and diabetes brought on by too much WaWa AND Sonic AND 7-11 AND 5 Guys AND...)?  :D

Wow.... you have it all don't you.  I'm thinking about Panda Express for lunch today... it's only 8 in the morning and I'm charting lunch.. pathetic

Pooh

Red Robin!

We don't have any good convenience stores here.  We do have a Love's Travel Stop to the north and when I travel they are my favorite place to stop for coffee.  The coffee is really good and if you spend the 3.99 for the refillable gallon mug, the refills are 1.59.  Which makes you have to stop at the next Love's after drinking the gallon of coffee....vicious cycle...
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Red Robin... Yummmmm

You know that Red Robin (yummmm) has the birthday burger if you sign up.. so does Starbucks (coffee) ... Dairy Queen (ice cream)  Chili's and quite a few other places...  My dh's birthday is tomorrow and we received his free Red Robin-yummm burger cert.   That's a nice savings, shame last time my car went to Red Robin-yummm it was broken into and over 600.00 in damage to my door... buy hey it's unlimited fries right

holliberri

Elsie, you mustn't live too far from me if Wawa and Johnnie Rocket's are nearby.  :)

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on April 06, 2011, 06:27:49 AM
Red Robin... Yummmmm

You know that Red Robin (yummmm) has the birthday burger if you sign up.. so does Starbucks (coffee) ... Dairy Queen (ice cream)  Chili's and quite a few other places...  My dh's birthday is tomorrow and we received his free Red Robin-yummm burger cert.   That's a nice savings, shame last time my car went to Red Robin-yummm it was broken into and over 600.00 in damage to my door... buy hey it's unlimited fries right

Yep, I'm signed up for all of them...Lol.  Also, Denny's will give you a free breakfast on your birthday.  Just have to show them your license to prove it's your birthday.

Red Robin also has a rewards card now.  They give it to you, you register it on-line and present it each time you go.  After you buy (I think) 9 burgers, the 10th is free!  I think we are at 8, so the next time we go, one should be free.  Yay.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

Laurie, I've never been to Mighty Fine...weird, don't know how I could have missed it spending so much time in the Austin area during college..but we do have 5 Guys.  We have only been twice- don't get me wrong, it is sooo yummy but I can't handle the grease that often.  My poor DH probably gets so tired of me and my eating.  I laughed when you said Red Robin yummmmm because I heard the commercial in my head.  We went to Red Robin last weekend because we had coupons for 2 free meals.  The GM sent them to us after we had a bad experience there- people stole our table (under our last name), then when the hostesses found out they kept seating people ahead of us, then nobody apologized, then they sat us right next to the people who stole our table.   And of course, I asked them if their last name was our last name...because I'm not the type of person to pass up that opportunity.  They said no and acted confused, then said, "Is yours?"  Ummm, well yeah, generally the name I use for seating at a restaurant is, in fact, my real name.

Wow, anyway, we had Red Robin and it was great because I get the veggies and a bunless burger but I can still steal fries from my husband's plate!  :)  I'll need to sign up for the birthday club! :)  DH turns 30 in June, hehe.

overwhelmed123

And Pam, I NEED Starbucks.  Really.  I need it.  I'm drinking it right now.  Of course, I don't order their really expensive sugary drinks when I go there, I just get a plain coffee and that's not expensive.  But I get their ground coffee and make it in the mornings.  $9.95 for a lb. I think...that's not too bad. 

Pooh

That's what I do too OW.  Buy the regular kind and the pound bags for home!  I knew I loved you!
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

overwhelmed123

Confession:  I drink my coffee through a straw.  Actually I drink mostly everything except water and clear liquids through a straw.  I saw a dentist on TV once say to do that so your teeth don't get stained from all the drinks we drink.  The only thing I'm stumped on is red wine.  Can't drink it through a straw and can't avoid it hitting my front teeth.  I like white better anyway.