March 29, 2024, 04:13:14 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

It's Spring

Started by LaurieS, March 20, 2011, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Crap, Laurie is paying big bucks for rocks, and we spent all day cleaning up a rockslide.....

cha-ching $$$$$

Seriously, I'm with Pen.  We spend more time digging them up and trying to get them OUT of the yard here!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

LOL.. I just can't imagine digging up rocks.. isn't it kinda hard to plant a tree.. my sister said that in NY that every spring that rocks come to the surface.. now that's a heck of a crop to grow

Pooh

It is terrible to have to dig a hole for something, rock after rock.  Good news is the rocky soil keeps the soil aerated real well, so things grow very well.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cadagi101

Quote from: Pen on March 21, 2011, 01:07:29 PM
Seriously, they look very similar to my rocks. Mine even have the lichen all over. I'm sitting on $$$. Of course, by the time I loaded and trucked all the way to Texas where the crazy people who buy rocks are, I'd eat up my profit.

Laurie I can understand your love and lust for abundant rocks..... :) :) :).....were we live (in the outback )   there are no rocks to be seen for hundreds of kilometres....I visited a friend last year and she worked on a cattle  property where the owner had hundreds of hectares of bolders and rocks.  (a bolder is a rock) :-[ :-[ :-[  anyway as a side line he sold these rocks to the city for many $$$  well I couldn't resist...  my friend and i lifted a rock (as large as we could manage in to my ute....and away I went as fast as I could )....I wasn't going to tell my husband just see how long it took before he noticed a rock in the garden!!!  he did  step around it for a week before he noticed!!     My criminal record wouldn't be to good...arrested for stealing a rock.... I was desperate for rocks and couldn't miss the chance...my friend no longer works their...darn it 

LaurieS

Quote(as large as we could manage in to my ute....and away I went as fast as I could )

You put a rock into your what?

Pen

Sport utility vehicle?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cadagi101

Quote from: Pen on March 23, 2011, 04:51:58 PM
Sport utility vehicle?
Quote from: Laurie on March 23, 2011, 03:32:35 PM
Quote(as large as we could manage in to my ute....and away I went as fast as I could )

A ute is a small farm truck a bit like a car but it has tray on the back so you can put things on it... are you for real lol????   Which rock have you been living under???

cadagi101

A ute is a small farm truck a bit like a car but it has tray on the back so you can put things on it... are you for real lol????   Which rock have you been living under???
???

LaurieS

Not under any of those Australian rocks that's for sure  :P
I looked up ute and at first all I could find was an Indian tribe.. finally came across some pictures of vehicles. 

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on March 23, 2011, 07:48:29 PM
Not under any of those Australian rocks that's for sure  :P
I looked up ute and at first all I could find was an Indian tribe.. finally came across some pictures of vehicles.

:) ;)yeah right  :D ;D :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[just a little for you :-XI won't tell anyone  :-\not sure about you :-*i'll blow you a kiss anyway :'(I could almost cry you didn't know what a ute is!!

Sorry this is childish...but I have always wondered about these tiny faces and thought I needed glasess to make out the facial expression, but    if you mouse over them it tells you what the expression you want to portray in your email is...how cool is that???

LaurieS

Pen

Cute, guys. It's kind of cheery in a weird way for those of us who are still under gray skies threatening still more snow. It's definitely not spring yet, although we did get a hint of it a week or so ago when the fruit trees started to blossom. Now we've had to fire up the woodstove again. At some point that gets to be a chore rather than a romantic mood enhancer. What is so wonderful on the first crisp day of fall becomes tiresome when the calendar says it's supposed to be spring!

Of course many WW are getting ready for fall weather...for those of you piling up firewood, pulling on your wellies and getting out your winter gear, enjoy! And many WW (Laurie) live in fairly warm zones that don't fluctuate much and have no idea what the rest of us are going on about.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cadagi101

Quote from: Pen on March 25, 2011, 08:29:24 AM
Cute, guys. It's kind of cheery in a weird way for those of us who are still under gray skies threatening still more snow. It's definitely not spring yet, although we did get a hint of it a week or so ago when the fruit trees started to blossom. Now we've had to fire up the woodstove again. At some point that gets to be a chore rather than a romantic mood enhancer. What is so wonderful on the first crisp day of fall becomes tiresome when the calendar says it's supposed to be spring!

Of course many WW are getting ready for fall weather...for those of you piling up firewood, pulling on your wellies and getting out your winter gear, enjoy! And many WW (Laurie) live in fairly warm zones that don't fluctuate much and have no idea what the rest of us are going on about.

I know what you mean the romance of a wood fire does wear thin after a while.  Last year we moved into a 2 bedroom room structure (5 of us) without a kitchen.     I cooked over an open fire for 7 months, absolutely loved it for the first few months, open skies, watching the sunset etc. romantic all of that  but collecting wood,  trying to get a meal cooked in the cool damp  weather and the smell of smoke after a while was a bit yuk.     We were building a house at the time and now have the luxury of a kitchen.   We still have our campfire set up and enjoy a "camp oven meal" occasionally   but only when we choose to.   

We are loving autumn at the moment and soon will be heading into winter, our winters are rather mild rarely frosts but our summers are terrible so it does make for a nice change.

LaurieS

Quote from: Pen on March 25, 2011, 08:29:24 AM
No I was sweating today while plant shopping.. not little lady like perspiration.