March 28, 2024, 02:30:03 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Hearts

Started by lancaster lady, March 19, 2011, 09:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

Looking for information ladies !
this week hasn't been one of the best health wise .
I suffered an Atrial Fibrillation .
for those like me who hasn't got a clue what this is , it's when the heart goes mad up to 180 beats a minute ! This lasted for two hours with an ambulance trip to the hospital .
It eventually righted itself and left me feeling exhausted .There is no obvious cause for this in my case
it was totally out of the blue .
what I am asking if anyone has any experience of this ? I have been told it will have to be investigated
but was allowed home meanwhile .
It was a scary moment and I'm told could reoccur at any time ....Gulp !

holliberri

Well, I don't have any information for you, but I did want to tell you I hope it isn't serious and that it doesn't happen often. That sounds very frightening. I am glad you are okay. Keep us posted, LL!

Barbie

I'm sorry that happened to you, LL, do try to follow up on it. Take care.

(((Hugs)))

Tara

LL,

That sounds like it was scary!

I'm pretty sure thats what a friend of mine had and she had some meds she took for some time.
Did they give you some meds in case of a recurrence?

In the end, she had a procedure , pretty minor, on the electrical system of the heart, not she's fine.

The workups aren't so difficult, I had one a couple of years ago as I have had an irregular ekg for
many many years, even had an angiogram and the pre-procedure jitters were difficult, but the procedue
itself was just time consuming but not too difficult.  I ended up as a graduate of the heart clinic.

have you done some online research about the condition?

Pen

So sorry to hear that, but glad you're OK for the time being. Here's hoping you get a handle on it and it doesn't recurr. Hugs..
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I know very lettle about it. I had a friend who had it like you describe...but she passed on from something else. When it is investigated, you will probably get a lot more informtions. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

FAFE

I know nothing about it, but I will keep you in my prayers. 

lancaster lady

Many thanks to my extended family  :)     no meds till they  know the cause .....will keep in touch ....It's.a nice feeling knowing people.care about you ....thankyou ..x

Faithlooksup

Hi LL, I am sorry to read about this :( however looking this up on line i am certain you may find some facts regarding this, which may give you some insight and help along the way.....Not knowing much about this can be alarming......

sending you the best...Faith

jill

Lancaster Lady,
Sorry to hear what happened, it  sounds scary.  Hope you are taking it easy,  and the doctors will find out how to treat you........Jill