March 28, 2024, 11:57:17 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Need Help with posting

Started by Simply Mom, March 17, 2011, 02:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simply Mom

Hi,
New here and just spent an hour writing a post and it was erased twice before i could post it.
I couldnt get the spelling check to work or preview it, and then it said something about wikisimplemachines and referred me another website about that? Please help.Thank you.

cadagi101

Quote from: Simply Mom on March 17, 2011, 02:37:36 PM
Hi,
New here and just spent an hour writing a post and it was erased twice before i could post it.
I couldnt get the spelling check to work or preview it, and then it said something about wikisimplemachines and referred me another website about that? Please help.Thank you.

Hi SM, sorry I can't help there are some very computer savvy WW here they will sort you out.....have you personal messaged Luise.  just go to her photo and right click....honestly Luise is  computer savvy....she may contact Kirk  though !!!! lol......(sorry Luise)

LaurieS

There is always more then one way to skin a cat, but here is my way. 

Spell Check - if I misspell a word it is underlined in red in the text box... you can right click on that word and a box pops up with possible corrections.  Or you can use the spell check button below.. once again a small window pops up with multiple choices.. at the very bottom of that box you will need to click on 'change'

First picture:  I right clicked on the red underlined word

Preview:  in the text box you can see my text and my code for changing color font etc.. the preview shows the changes and is above the reply text box area.

cadagi101

Quote from: Julia on March 17, 2011, 03:26:55 PM
Hi,

Hi SM, sorry I can't help there are some very computer savvy WW here they will sort you out.....have you personal messaged Luise.  just go to her photo and right click....honestly Luise is  computer savvy....she may contact Kirk  though !!!! lol......(sorry Luise)

I meant doubble left click...I will stay out..I knew compute savvy Laurie would pop up!!!!

LaurieS

Hi Julia.. I was just walking past the computer trying to waste time so I don't have to start dinner, and saw the message.  Between the two of us we'll get her headed in the right direction :)

cadagi101

Quote from: Julia on March 17, 2011, 03:30:02 PM
Quote from: Julia on March 17, 2011, 03:26:55 PM
Hi,

I meant doubble left click...I will stay out..I knew compute savvy Laurie would pop up!!!!

Or...if you are like me and are a biit slackk don't bother.   And we wonder where our children get there "can't be bothered attitude"

luise.volta

Thanks so much Julia and Laurie!! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Also Simply Mom, many of us here have experienced the "Poof" when we are typing a post and then it disappears.  If I am typing a long post (not that I ever would.... ;D), then I will do it in Word, spellcheck it there, and then copy and paste it over here.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Simple Mom.. ignore Pooh and her Poof... her mind is always on poo words :)

If your post disappears it's typically due to the fact that someone else is posting to the same topic at the same time.  When this happens a little pink warning will come up and tell you that someone else has posted and will as if you would like to read their post before continuing.  At that point you would have to his 'post' again ... if you happen to miss that warning which is easy to do, and continue on to another topic or back to recently read topics then yes your post will not show and you will have suffered the Pooh syndrome.

Pooh

I carefully formed a reply to Laurie about her telling you to ignore me, but when I went to post it, my warning came up saying "Warning: Luise will kick you off her forum due to excessive use of bad words!" so I cancelled it.......

;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on March 18, 2011, 08:53:20 AM
I carefully formed a reply to Laurie about her telling you to ignore me, but when I went to post it, my warning came up saying "Warning: Luise will kick you off her forum due to excessive use of bad words!" so I cancelled it.......

;D

I'll bet most of them had that 'oo' sound

Pooh

They did!  You are so goooooood!
Joseph Campbell