March 28, 2024, 12:18:19 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

estranged son

Started by luvpetzall8, March 09, 2011, 12:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I'm glad that your DD is doing well, and don't get me wrong, I hope SD does too.  But I am afraid that with her "it is always someone else's fault and responsibilty how my life goes".  She takes no personal responsibility for anything and has cut us off at 17 because we didn't cater to her and give in.

I hope you are right and she does do ok.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

My oldest son use to get so aggravated with me over food in the  fridge.. he would do his best manly shout.. "When I have my own place I'll have roast beef in the refrigerator at all times"...  We  went to his place about two years  ago and everyone was hungry.. I said oh I'll take roast beef...  he said yeah well mom I've learned to eat bologna ...  getting out on their own.. the world will slap them a few times when by law you couldn't :)   

holliberri

FYI, I had to move in with my  dad for 6 months in 2009 when DH deployed and I was in law school.

Let's just say I um...regressed. Messy room, not cooking, not helping with the chores. 25 year old baby.

So...be forewarned should a child need a home for a little while. We might pick up our  old habits really fast!

I am glad, Rose, that your DD is doing well on her own. I hope the real world keeps working on her and she starts working on her relationship with her DM.