April 18, 2024, 10:19:55 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Fun for the Day!

Started by Pooh, March 09, 2011, 10:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

Yeah Luise.. I had my mani/pedi/massage with a cup of Starbuck's in celebration of your birthday... bet you could feel the love huh :)

holliberri

Quote from: Rose799 on March 10, 2011, 03:44:01 PM
Quote from: holliberri on March 10, 2011, 03:31:01 PM
Rose, I noticed! :) Then, if you'll forgive me, I felt like an untidy prude at the moment. I didn't want to draw attention to myself for having a few inhibitions.

Have you got a confession to share with us, Holli????

Confession: Once and only once. It was an at home job. I couldn't get the wax off. I was 16. I went out to the garage and asked my dad what would get rid of wax stuck to something. He said nothing, shrugged and handed me some paint thinner. I'm alive to tell about it, but paint thinner doesn't work, and probably wasn't the safest product to use. Baby oil, however, does. I"ll stick to waxing eyebrows.

luise.volta

Yep! I felt it loud and clear!!!  ;D ;D ;D

And I have been on Amazon all afternoon shopping Lenox China (Butterfly Meadow Pattern) and Accessories! I got two bowls for sugar packets, a creamer, a four piece placemat set, and a four piece napkin set. I've got to tell you, I'm thrilled!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think I told you that Kirk got me the dinnerware set for my 80th birthday and I have since added the salt and pepper set. This birthday he and Sandy gave me the Butterfly Meadow stainless flat wear set. (I long ago gave up on my sterling that had to be polished and my china that couldn't go into the dishwasher or microwave!)

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

holliberri

Quote from: luise.volta on March 10, 2011, 05:17:56 PM
Yep! I felt it loud and clear!!!  ;D ;D ;D

And I have been on Amazon all afternoon shopping Lenox China (Butterfly Meadow Pattern) and Accessories! I got two bowls for sugar packets, a creamer, a four piece placemat set, and a four piece napkin set. I've got to tell you, I'm thrilled!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think I told you that Kirk got me the dinnerware set for my 80th birthday and I have since added the salt and pepper set. This birthday he and Sandy gave me the Butterfly Meadow stainless flat wear set. (I long ago gave up on my sterling that had to be polished and my china that couldn't go into the dishwasher or microwave!)

Luise, I just googled Butterfly Meadow Lenox, and I must say, *we've got pretty good taste.*   :D

I'm glad you found something you'd enjoy!

Rose799

Your confession provided a good laugh Holli, thanks for sharing!  : )   I once watched ods use a razor blade near her brows.  At 13, I followed her lead, & wound up shaving off the outer 1/2.  Dm never inquired as to how it happened. 

Pooh

Ha ha ha....I had one ONCE and that was enough for me.  I think I ran at least 4 elderly women out of the salon due to loud, cursing screams coming from the back room.  She kept telling me the more you had it done, the easier it got....WHATEVER!  I walked around for 2 days like I had been riding a horse....never again....

Quote from: Rose799 on March 10, 2011, 01:42:54 PM
False

I bet the next poster owns a new iMac computer...

False

The next poster thinks that vinegar is the means to all ends.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Quote from: Pooh on March 11, 2011, 05:58:20 AM
Ha ha ha....I had one ONCE and that was enough for me.  I think I ran at least 4 elderly women out of the salon due to loud, cursing screams coming from the back room.  She kept telling me the more you had it done, the easier it got....WHATEVER!  I walked around for 2 days like I had been riding a horse....never again....

The next poster thinks that vinegar is the means to all ends.

LOL. It still didn't hurt as bad as that time I pulled my eyelashes out with the eyelash curler. Beauty is  pain, but not that much pain.

True. Thanks, Laurie.  :)

The next poster ALSO thinks vinegar is the means to all ends.

LaurieS

True True True

I love my vinegar.. I brought home two gallons yesterday.. dh says what are you getting ready to clean now :)

Next poster is going to give the vinegar cleaning for life a try

luise.volta

False! She's getting into a tub of bubble bath!

lancaster lady

Laurie:
Can you get an odourless vinegar ?
Or do you just like the smell ?
I know it cleans glass very well but phew !

Pooh

Ok, hopefully you got my other message.  I am now officially in love with the bath bomb and I haven't even tried one!  You are causing me to spend money dang it because I now have to order some!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Are the flower petals in the middle? I can't tell. I found a recipe to make one, but it doesn't have flower petals or herbs.

lancaster lady

You will have to Google
They are amazing .....
http://www.lush.co.uk/
Wonder if they ship to US ?
Ladies , you could start your own company ..!
Wise ( Wild ) Women Bath Bombs ......Sounds good to me !

holliberri

LL,

I'm a little upset with myself; I was IN their store in Venice (it had the same name, and the soaps look the same)...I never bought anything. If I only knew then what I know now, lol.

The prices aren't too bad!