March 28, 2024, 11:53:41 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Birthday Wishes for Luise

Started by LaurieS, March 07, 2011, 12:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

I know your special day is not until the 9th.. but since you may be busy with family and such I thought we better start the on-line celebration now.

Hope you have a fantastic day Luise.. enjoy your time with Kirk.. eats lots of cake and blow out a candle for us as well.

elsieshaye

Hippo Birdies Two Ewe
Hippo Birdies Two Ewe
Hippo Birdies Deer Ewe
Hippo Birdies Two Ewe!

http://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/hippobirdiecards.html
This too shall pass.  All is well.

holliberri

Happy Birthday, Luise!

Elsie...very cute!

LaurieS

Oh those were  cute.. now where heck did the birthday girl go?

jill

Many Happy Returns, Luise.  Enjoy your special day.   Thank you for this wonderful website.........Jill[move] :) :) :)[/move]

Pooh

Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu.....Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu......Happy Birthday dear Luiseeeeeee.....Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuu!

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

March 07, 2011, 01:45:36 PM #6 Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:33:13 PM by luise.volta
I'm never far.  :D And thank you! 
ys to 90!  8)

On my birthday, Kirk is taking me out to eat and to a large Mall near Seattle to the Apple Store to show me the iMac. He would like me to change from my old, IBM-compatible clunker to one that he can easily fix for me from his own iMac in Hawaii. I would prefer the Mini Mac because I could keep my 14" monitor, but we'll see. I haven't needed any PC help for years...but he thinks as I age, (when is that?,) that I might want him on stand-by. I know I would need to learn new Mac-tricks but old dogs are good at that contrary to popular belief.

Then on Friday, my "ex" and I are having a joint B-party. He will be 75 on the 13th. Kirk and Gloria (the other woman and my good friend) will be with us. We do that every year. He's not Kirk's dad but he was a superb step-father and they are still close.

Saturday afternoon is THE PARTY...at a local restaurant with my sort of daughter from New Mexico, another sort of daughter from Seattle, an ex-son in law from Seattle, and one more sort of daughter from here. It will be hosted by Kirk, who knows and loves them all. (He's a hoot and sometimes mimics them at such occasions by saying to me..."You know...you almost feel like family to me!" because they all call me Mom.  ;D

I already have cards all over the place and if I don't get flowers from Jim, he's going to be in deep trouble. All of the post offices and banks will be closed, of course. 

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Have a wonderful day(s) and a wonderful "new" year, Luise. Thank you for all you've given us, the site and the great support and advice. I wish we could all hop out of your cake and give you our birthday wishes in person, but these messages will have to do. Love you!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Wishing the best Birthday ever.  I see you will be celebrating several days....all week long.  Arent you a lucky golden girl?  It means you did many things right...having so much love.   We will not be with you in person but know you will be in our hearts.  We all love you and appreciate all you have done for us.  Love you very much

Nana
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

You guys are the greatest and you are all part of my life! What a blessing!  :D

lancaster lady

May your birthday be filled with sunshine and smiles ,laughter and love ......x

overwhelmed123

Happy happy birthday tomorrow!!!  Have a great day!

luise.volta

Boy, this pre-birthday thing is really fun!

Faithlooksup

Happy Birthday Luise~~~May your day be filled with all that you dream of and more...

AnonymousDIL

Happy Birthday, Luise! I would make you a peach cake, but last time I put it in the cd-rom to email it, it was just a mess! LOL