April 17, 2024, 11:23:10 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Birthday Wishes for Luise

Started by LaurieS, March 07, 2011, 12:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

March 09, 2011, 08:10:51 PM #45 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:08:18 PM by luise.volta
I was STUNNED!]. Totally and completely STUNNED to have you step out of my computer and into Kirk's living room with individual birthday cards and individual messages and two fabulous gifts! I am still STUNNED!

I am going for groceries tomorrow and I will get one of those Carmel things at Starbucks that Laurie  got me addicted to and drink it while I shop! You are amazing! What an incredible family we have! And I am going to get something to add to my Lenox China with the Amazon Gift Certificate. I'm just thrilled!!!

I will write tomorrow about my new iMac computer and the fun Kirk and I had watching The Proposal. I've gotten flowers and gifts and cards and calls and four people sang Happy Birthday to me. I have no idea why this is the most wonderful birthday of my life but I'm not complaining!!!  ;D ;D ;D 

You guys are something else and I don't even know what. I love you all and I think you all from the bottom of my heart for making this such an incredible day for me. If I were a crier, I'd be hard at it! :'( :'( but I'm a smiler.  :D :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Still pinching myself. I hope Kirk will download the pictures he took of me opening your gifts!

I feel fine today. That's a surprise, I thought I would be wasted! I am getting an iMac 3.2 GHz. Here's hoping we can make friends and learn to understand and appreciate each other!  ;D ;D

I have spent most of the morning on Amazon looking at Lenox China (Butterfly Meadow) and the matching stainless tableware I am going to buy with your gift card.

Off to get groceries and have a delicious Starbucks treat on you! What a fabulous clan!  :D :D :D

luise.volta

Here is am just after I opened your card and gifts.

Rose799

Quote from: luise.volta on March 10, 2011, 12:17:10 PM
I have spent most of the morning on Amazon looking at Lenox China (Butterfly Meadow) and the matching stainless tableware I am going to buy with your gift card.

The china's very pretty, Luise.  Coffee sounds good about now, too... : )

LaurieS

Luise, you're gonna have to take all those different smiley faces from the front of your birthday card and copy them to the section where you have abbreviations listed. 

Pooh already tried out the OMG smiley 8-0

luise.volta

They are all so cute! I have a bunch of new friends!!!

luise.volta

I have been on Amazon all afternoon shopping Lenox China (Butterfly Meadow Pattern) and Accessories! I got two bowls for sugar packets, a creamer, a four piece placemat set, and a four piece napkin set. I've got to tell you, I'm thrilled!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I think I told you that Kirk got me the dinnerware set for my 80th birthday and I have since added the salt and pepper set. This birthday he and Sandy gave me the Butterfly Meadow stainless flat wear set. (I long ago gave up on my sterling that had to be polished and my china that couldn't go into the dishwasher or microwave!)

LaurieS

I looked up the pattern.. very pretty.. makes you feel like spring is here.. Oh wait.. spring is here in Texas :)

luise.volta

Spring is thinking about it here, too. I have Narcissus in bloom and Primroses.

LaurieS

I have a narcissistic princess rose in bloom too

luise.volta

Pooh

I just have a narcissistic princess......... ;D

That smile is worth a million dollars Luise!  I'm so happy you had a great day!

And Laurie....

8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0   8-0
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Scoop

Happy Birthday Luise!  I'm glad you enjoyed your surprise.  Kudos to Laurie and Kirk for doing all the work!

That is a LOVELY pattern of china.  I'm considering saving up for just a set of the bowls or the dessert plates.

I've still got a foot of snow, but it's raining today so it should melt away pretty quick.

luise.volta

I'm still pinching myself! Really!  :D :D :D :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D

lancaster lady

Here we have crocus , snowdrops and daffodils blooming ........
just like your face Luise ....opening up your surprise ..... :)

I for one could never repay you for mending me when I was broken ....
Thanking you for everything .....x

Pity we couldn't share some tea with you on your new china ....think of us when you use it  :)