March 28, 2024, 03:37:52 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Censoring e-mails???

Started by Mama Tani, March 04, 2011, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stardust

I just read this thread. I'm wondering.... Can you not get your son's work email and contact him there? Same with a work phone number and/ or cell phone? Why do you only need to use his FB email? If you had a work email, she can't censor or delete messages then.

Pooh

SD I wasn't sure if you were asking the poster or me since you included FB in that.  I'm going to answer for myself and then MT can answer.  He didn't have a work email.  He was an intern for an electrical company while he was in college working on his degree.  He basically worked in a production type area making electrical parts, no office job.  He had a yahoo account and I tried emailing that one too with the same results.  I would text him (when we were still in contact) and he would answer me on the little stuff like "How's your day going?" but when I asked about their Christmas plans or anything like that, he wouldn't answer.  He later told me that she also checks his phone and reads his texts along with checking all his email accounts.

So I quit texting and emailing him.  If he chooses to live that way, then it's his choice but I wasn't playing those games.  Now, it's been a 19 months since I have seen him in person and haven't spoken to him in 7 months (last call in December, after she kicked me off her FB and he was lying to cover for her, when I told him I loved him and would not contact him any longer.  The ball was in his court.)

So in my case, all the avenues I had to contact him were being policed so I just quit.

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Quit and left the door open, Pooh. You learned that there was no reaching him around that kind of pathology. Maybe it isn't, but that's what I call it. He knows you're there and that you care. And on some level he respects the fact that you have set boundaries...because it reflects self-respect. You are still his roll model, remember? He may some day remember it, too.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell