March 28, 2024, 11:51:47 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

SIL is my new BFF?

Started by AnonymousDIL, March 07, 2011, 08:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Sounds more like SHE IS A COW...oops...did I say that out loud?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

That has happened to me more than once. I say something I think is funny and I get a deadpan stare...and "Oops!" doesn't seem to cover it.  :(
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Naw...you didn't say it out loud. I have my speakers on and all is well.

Pooh

I have caused crickets a few times myself.  I tell everyone I am bi-lingual.  I speak 3 languages.

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Ha ha ha...I tabbed and it posted it!  Oops..

Ok...3 languages

1.   English
2.   Redneck
3.   Sarcasm
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Hmm...I don't speak that one
Joseph Campbell

AnonymousDIL

FIL/DH/BIL1 thought it was funny lol They are the "normal" side of the family that I claim and get along with lol

Pooh, what is this Sar Chasm you speak of?

It is the distance between your comment and the person who doesn't get it!!! LOL

waiting for the crickets.......... *chirp*.... *chirp*..... LOL

luise.volta

Laurie: Sar Chasm is a deep dark hole you can fall in when you put your foot into it.

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on March 07, 2011, 11:59:09 AM
Laurie: Sar Chasm is a deep dark hole you can fall in when you put your foot into it.

LOL.. got that Adil

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

AnonymousDIL

The only place I put my foot is in my mouth!  :P

Nana

I love when you get silly ladies.

Talking of sarcasm....I like this quote.

"Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence."

- Ashleigh Brillian
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare