March 28, 2024, 03:20:14 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Just spent the morning with my granddaughter

Started by FAFE, March 02, 2011, 10:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

She's growing like a weed and getting a biggggg personality!  We had so much fun with her.  She's turning and twisting and discovering her fingers and today found her nose and stuck one of her fingers in it!  No telling what will be next. 

Grandson will be 8 on March 6th.  Sent him a card with money and a savings bond!

Pooh

That's great FAFE.  I love when they are starting to find their body parts!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I am always in awe when they stick their foot in their mouth. (I do it all the time but no one is in awe! ;D ;D ;D)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

FAFE

Luise, I often have that problem.  She has not discovered her toes yet.  I'm waiting for that next. 

luise.volta

I wish I had a picture of me doing that as a baby when it was cute and socially acceptable! ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

You have a party coming up Luise.. try doing it there.. I think you can do anything you want when it's your own party

How old is the baby FAFE

FAFE

Laurie, she'll be 5 months old March 14th.  She's almost sitting up by herself!  Jabbering away and kicking at anything that gets in her way. 

Nana

Fafe

Yes it is so delightful to see our grandkids.   My 45 day old granddaughter is a sweetie pie.  Dont know why she is sleeping most of the time.  I dont remember my other two gk always sleeping.  The other day her older sister (just 3) asked me "Nana, why doesnt my little sister want to see me, she doesnt want to open her eyes when I am talking to her".   Arent little kids innocent?   

I love having my three gks home, but I dont know when I am happier, when they arrive or when they leave.  Love them with all my heart..but Gosh there are a hand-full.  The oldest (boy 4) wants to be playing baseball all the time and he cries if I tell him that the game is over because Nana is already tired.  A high maintenance kid. 

Good luck

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Faithlooksup

FAFE,  I just LOVE it when they are at that age, when they find their nose, toes and fingers and start blowing raspberries as well...I am Happy for you, all the best!!! :)

Hi NaNa~~~I am also thrilled you are having fun with your little ones.....My YS was also a sleeper, he slept thru the night the day I brought him home from the hospital.  A very content little baby..I also was worried with him sleeping so much especially since OS was a baby whom never slept.  When I took YS in for his 6 week check up, I told my peditrician "I am so worried he sleeps all the time~~is something wrong with him?"  The Dr. smiled and laughed and said "all babies are different."~~Don't worry enjoy it!!!  and so I did...

Blessings to all...Faith

catchingup

Quote from: luise.volta on March 02, 2011, 10:44:45 AM
I am always in awe when they stick their foot in their mouth. (I do it all the time but no one is in awe! ;D ;D ;D)
Brilliant!! Brilliant!!! Brilliant!! ;D ;D ;) ;) ;D ;D

FAFE

Oh dear, we had her for a couple of hours today and she WAS NOT HAPPY!  Told daughter she needed some gas drops!  Usually she loves my husbands voice and just looks at him in awe!  Maybe when I see her Monday she'll like us again. 

FAFE

I think it is called Mylacon drops or something like that.  Could not spell it, so just said gas drops!  She was very gassy and that is what her dr had prescribed for it. 

LaurieS

Oh I see... maybe it was just late, but that one threw me :)  makes sense now.. probably should have last night....  grouchy baby or not, I'm sure it was fun to spend some time with her.

Pooh

Laurie, did your kids ever have colic?  You know...the fancy name for gas?  They now make pediatric drops for it...where were those years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell