March 28, 2024, 06:12:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

2 years and 2 lists

Started by seasage, February 28, 2011, 07:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasage

Oh Pen, Brazilian music!  Yes.  I love Maria Bethania.

As for historical English dramas, they don't make 'em fast enough.  Have you found Catherine Cookson yet?

seasage

Quote from: holliberri on February 28, 2011, 07:31:30 PM
I'm a little perturbed at Paula...she gave me the idea to mix my homemade pumpkin pie filling with a stick of creamcheese for a lighter taste.

That was not the best Thanksgiving dessert.

You will also want to eschew Susan Stamberg's cranberry relish that she touts every year on PBS.  I mentally tasted it, and immediately knew that one should not add sour cream to cranberries for a Thanksgiving relish.  It also looks disgusting.  Some holiday traditions do not take well to the addition of milk products. 

holliberri

I am going to try the bread! It sounds yummy, and I do ache for that bread from Italy. I didn't like it at first, but after 3 years, I became addicted.

If I could move back there, I would, but  they say you can't go back...

Sour cream and cranberries? Blech. I guess the problem with celebrity chefs is they start to run out of ideas. I'll at least try Cream Cheese once...Philadelphia and all.

Mario Lanza grew up not too far from where I live. I wonder if my grandmother knew that...