April 23, 2024, 12:08:09 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

~~Miracles Happen~~Just Believe

Started by Faithlooksup, February 28, 2011, 03:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithlooksup

Our relationship continues to grow :) and gets greater everyweek---we have already celebrated 2 birthdays together as a family.......NO questions are asked~~the past is the past......but as of now I am just enjoying what is for I will not ask for anymore than that.....

My cup continues to runnith over, Faith

holliberri

Wonderful, Faith!

Patience does pay off, doesn't it?

Pen

Faith, thanks for sharing your continuing good news. You give us hope and inspiration. I'm happy for you!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

jill

Faith,
What wonderful news, I am so happy for you.  I was reading past in your post that it had been 5 years since you had contact with your son.   I think after all that time the anger has gone, and you are able to look forward and build a new relationship.   Best wishes.....Jill

Nana

Oh Faith.  It is wonderful.   It is like starting all over.  Of course, dont bring the past up.  Just let it flow....

You deserve this....can feel your joy.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Tara

Hey Faith,

My heart feels  happy for you!  Love and spring blessings

mariakajsa123

I am smiling through tears falling down my cheeks. So happy for you. That wonderful day was a blessing for sure. I love your honesty in saying for whatever reason , it doesn't matter he came around. I believe your continued contact on your part probably showed a forgiving and loving heart on your part,and some maturing on their part now that they are parents.All the best to you all.

cremebrulee

Faith, I am literally sitting here crying, that is no lie...
I'm so very happy for you...and haven't read any other posts the ladies have left you, but for me, this new miracle which happened to you speaks volumns and it doesn't get any better then this...perhaps now you all are able to view a bigger picture, (poke) if you know what I mean?  But when he said to you, "mom, I will always love you".....bought the tears of understanding what you must have felt at that moment in time, plus the extreme excitement of all knowing....

Love you girl

Nana

Good to see you back Creme...have missed you. 

Yes we were all very Happy for Faith when this happened.  Many of us cried..while reading her post.  Incredible how they ran into each other.....the fairwell was movie-like.    I love how we all celebrate the good fortune of others in this forum.    Faith deserved this....she got it.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

SunnyDays09

wow, Faith.  Good to hear. 
   It is truly wonderful news.   :)

Faithlooksup

Hi Creme, Nana and everyone~~~ Thank You is all I can say, glad to hear from you girls as well....Just keep on Believing and posting......

Hugs to all....Faith :)

Anna

Quote from: Faithlooksup on February 28, 2011, 03:55:48 PM
Hello WW,

I wanted to share a miracle with you today, for they do happen.....

I took my car in to be serviced last friday and of course they then found this and that so they told me it would be ready by today (monday)   Instead of asking someone for a ride I took the bus to pick up my car, I only had about 2 blocks to walk, the sun was shinning and weather wise it was not bad out at all...All of the sudden a truck began to follow me slowly and I began to walking faster, this truck continued to follow me (and no I would not look for that happens a lot out here)when all of the sudden I heard~~"Hey Mom" I stopped dead in my tracks, turned around and their was my Son with his head hanging out of the window, he asks me "do you need a ride?"  I walked up to his truck and told him where I was going and he said "well get in-I will take you."    Sooooo, off we went~~~we just talked away like nothing ever happened and laughed....No one was upset, nor angry, nor harboring ill feelings..... When we pulled into the service station I then looked at him and asked and I could NOT help myself "Do you still Love me?"  and he replied  "Mom I will always Love you."   I said Good, I then gave him a kiss on his cheek, thanked him for the ride, got out and we will keep in touch.......

For those of you whom do not know my story...briefly, I have 2 sons---this son is my youngest (tho in his late 20's, married with 2 children.)   We became estranged almost 5 years ago--he and I have not communicated in 5 years...I began emailing my DIL back in December just to say Hello and even when I did not hear from her, I still sent her an email saying HI every other week or if I got a good joke from a friend I would forward it to her.  I refused to give up.

Ladies, it was simply a Miracle...It was like from the moment I hopped into his truck nothing ever happened between us...I just can't explain it...their was Peace, Joy and Laughter and then we were even talking at the same time and laughing as well.  What ever it was, I am grateful, nor will I question it and I know I will see him again....

Maybe he grew up somewhere while I was not watching...maybe I did also...maybe he remembered the words, forgive and forget and how short life can be.....maybe absence does make the Heart grow fonder...and maybe, if you Believe with all your Heart your Miracle will also unfold for you...JUST BELIEVE...

Hugs, Faith
Hi Faith.  i just saw this & tears are streaming down my face.  I BELIEVE that my ods & I will one day be talking again..  I hope I don't have to wait 5 years. You are a strong, strong lady.   (((((hugs)))))  Anna

Faithlooksup

Hi Anna,  Hope you are doing well and Thank You for your loving words....I do hope also for you that you don not have to wait 5 long years as I did......But perhaps with me Anna the long wait was so worth the growth of the relationship as to where it is now~~does that make any sence? LOL~~I know what I want to say it just isnt coming out the way I want it to.....one of those days..

Just keep on posting, reading and Believing and your Miracle will unfold......Blessings, Faith

CityGirl

Faith I am so happy for you!

Your story gives me hope that someday I will pick up the phone and hear "Hey Mom!" just like I used to!  I will keep praying and maybe one of these days my happy ending will give someone else hope.  :)

Thank you!

LadyD

Faith:

I needed to read your story today.  I feel as though I am in a hopeless situation with my children and grandchildren.  It's wonderful to read that with Faith and patience there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm not going to give up hoping that things will change one day.  Thank you.B