March 28, 2024, 01:33:41 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

~~Miracles Happen~~Just Believe

Started by Faithlooksup, February 28, 2011, 03:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithlooksup

Hello WW,

I wanted to share a miracle with you today, for they do happen.....

I took my car in to be serviced last friday and of course they then found this and that so they told me it would be ready by today (monday)   Instead of asking someone for a ride I took the bus to pick up my car, I only had about 2 blocks to walk, the sun was shinning and weather wise it was not bad out at all...All of the sudden a truck began to follow me slowly and I began to walking faster, this truck continued to follow me (and no I would not look for that happens a lot out here)when all of the sudden I heard~~"Hey Mom" I stopped dead in my tracks, turned around and their was my Son with his head hanging out of the window, he asks me "do you need a ride?"  I walked up to his truck and told him where I was going and he said "well get in-I will take you."    Sooooo, off we went~~~we just talked away like nothing ever happened and laughed....No one was upset, nor angry, nor harboring ill feelings..... When we pulled into the service station I then looked at him and asked and I could NOT help myself "Do you still Love me?"  and he replied  "Mom I will always Love you."   I said Good, I then gave him a kiss on his cheek, thanked him for the ride, got out and we will keep in touch.......

For those of you whom do not know my story...briefly, I have 2 sons---this son is my youngest (tho in his late 20's, married with 2 children.)   We became estranged almost 5 years ago--he and I have not communicated in 5 years...I began emailing my DIL back in December just to say Hello and even when I did not hear from her, I still sent her an email saying HI every other week or if I got a good joke from a friend I would forward it to her.  I refused to give up.

Ladies, it was simply a Miracle...It was like from the moment I hopped into his truck nothing ever happened between us...I just can't explain it...their was Peace, Joy and Laughter and then we were even talking at the same time and laughing as well.  What ever it was, I am grateful, nor will I question it and I know I will see him again....

Maybe he grew up somewhere while I was not watching...maybe I did also...maybe he remembered the words, forgive and forget and how short life can be.....maybe absence does make the Heart grow fonder...and maybe, if you Believe with all your Heart your Miracle will also unfold for you...JUST BELIEVE...

Hugs, Faith

JaneF

Why was there estrangement 5 years ago if you don't mind my asking? There was no communication at all that whole time? I'm glad for you as you seem to be overjoyed. Hope it all works out to be wonderful for you. What were the odds that he'd drive by right then and with the circumstances? I hope too that you are right that there has been a maturing and forgiveness (for whatever may have been the issue). One never knows I suppose what each day will bring. Blessings to you.

LaurieS

Good for you Faith, and good for your son too

Barbie

I've been away for a while and just decided to check in, yours is the first post I read. I'm very happy for you and I truly hope this marks the beginning of your relationship with your son. Good luck!

L

That's a beautiful story and I'm happy for you.  :)  I hope someday I get a happy ending with my daughter like that.  :'(  Your story gives hope so thank you. :) 

stilltrying2010

Wow - congratulations!  At first reading your post I thought you were going to say someone tried to abduct you (too many fwded warning emails!) So happy for you - positive, uplifting and taking it for what it is without question, bringing up the past, asking about the future... 

Louey0727

Dear Faith:
I have no advice to give, no story to tell, just had to write and tell you that your post started me "sobbing" like a baby, as I could feel your happiness and it touched my heart so deeply.
I can add no more, other than, thank you for sharing event with us.

Faithlooksup

Quote from: JaneF on February 28, 2011, 04:09:30 PM
Why was there estrangement 5 years ago if you don't mind my asking? There was no communication at all that whole time? I'm glad for you as you seem to be overjoyed. Hope it all works out to be wonderful for you. What were the odds that he'd drive by right then and with the circumstances? I hope too that you are right that there has been a maturing and forgiveness (for whatever may have been the issue). One never knows I suppose what each day will bring. Blessings to you.
Hi JaneF ~~~I have NO idea what happened to make the estrangement, just like a lot of other Mom's on here it just happens....I felt many times it had something to do with his father--his dad is bipolar and lives to make and cause problems~~perhaps my son now sees past the lies and knows the truth.....and then who cares.....it begins anew from this day forward....Perhaps someday I will know and then I can share that as well....But for now I dont care I am just Grateful and my heart is singing--for you do not know the tears I have shed for many years

And Jane just as you wrote "What were the odds that he would just drive by right then with the circumstances."    That is also the Miracle as well...  Hugs, Faith

jill

Dear Faith,
What a wonderful story, I am so happy for you. You must have had a guardian angel watching over you, to make sure you were in this place at the right time.  Your son has probably wanted to contact you, but did not know how to.   Did you mention seeing him again?  I hope everything continues to go well......Jill

Faithlooksup

Thanks Everone for your cheers and gracious words.....which I appreciate....and Barbie welcome back--where have you been???

May I also add, at Christmas time a friend of mine gave me a calender~~its a desk calendar which sits on my desk here.  I love it for everyday there is a quote, or a joke, or words of inspiration which I always read while waiting for my computer to boot up.....This morning when I flipped over the page for today it read:  "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry."    I read that and immediately thought of my boys and little did I know that 5 hours later I would be sitting next to my son talking and laughing.

holliberri

That was awfully big of your son to do! That's very touching! It's incredible that after estrangement he can just out of the blue offer you help when you needed (but certainly weren't expecting) it. I'm very happy for you!  :)

Nana

Oh Faith... I share Parentsol's feeling.  I am not sobbing.  I am actually crying.  Of course, miracles happen.  What where the chances of running into your son...after five years.?.. You both were in the right place in the right moment.    Telling you that "he will always love you"  was priceless.  Sometimes it is all we need to know...food for our soul.  Awesome.  No matter what comes next...  for now...it is all you need.  Hope there will be much more because you deserve it.   I imagine all the peace you have now.

I experienced a miracle too with dil.  4 years ago.... and our relationship gets better every day.
Today is my gc's 3rd. Birthday.  I went to see her late because I tutor children and had a lot of work.  Dil gave me a warm welcome and asked me to hold my granddaughter to take a pic .  Cant believe how things changed for good. 

Please keep us posted.

Barbie....good to see you post again  I missed you.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

seasage

Faith, what a blessed story.  I am so very happy for you.  May this wonderful relationship continue.  Your story gives hope to all of us who are waiting for similar outcomes.

Faithlooksup

Quote from: Nana on March 01, 2011, 12:50:12 AM
Oh Faith... I share Parentsol's feeling.  I am not sobbing.  I am actually crying.  Of course, miracles happen.  What where the chances of running into your son...after five years.?.. You both were in the right place in the right moment.    Telling you that "he will always love you"  was priceless.  Sometimes it is all we need to know...food for our soul.  Awesome.  No matter what comes next...  for now...it is all you need.  Hope there will be much more because you deserve it.   I imagine all the peace you have now.

I experienced a miracle too with dil.  4 years ago.... and our relationship gets better every day.
Today is my gc's 3rd. Birthday.  I went to see her late because I tutor children and had a lot of work.  Dil gave me a warm welcome and asked me to hold my granddaughter to take a pic .  Cant believe how things changed for good. 

Please keep us posted.

Barbie....good to see you post again  I missed you.

Love
:)HI Nana~~~So glad to hear from you...You are so right, he did give me food for my soul and comfort for my wounds, along with the Peace......and now I feel that even if I do not hear from him for a month or two I will not fear calling him (those nasty fear demons have died) and just saying "Hi, how are you--what's up?"   And moving forward.....

I am soooo thrilled about your DIL and that your relationship has bloomed and how you are glowing with Love and Happiness.....and I just bet you had FUN celebrating your GC 3rd Birthday that is just awesome...I am Happy for you. :)

Peace and Love, Faith

Pooh

I am so happy for you Faith!  Oh how your heart must be singing!  I believe in divine intervention, miracles, destiny and fate and I have a huge smile on my face for you right now. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell