March 28, 2024, 02:32:27 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The entitled 2 year old again!

Started by MotherOf3, February 28, 2011, 07:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Quote from: holliberri on February 28, 2011, 10:58:29 AM
The Y hot tub isn't some place I go for quiet; our Y has it in the locker room. I can still hear kids in the dressing area.

I'm sure that "no kids under 13" has a lot more to do with liability than it does for relaxation.

what is Y?  or is that priviliged information?

cd1029

By addressing the 2 year old at all, you were engaged in a power struggle as he saw it, and he was going to win.

Unless your daughter has asked for your help, I'd back off.  You don't like seeing the little one act like that but you ahve no control over it.  It's mom's call.

cadagi101

holliberri

Quote from: Julia on February 28, 2011, 03:09:34 PM
The Y hot tub isn't some place I go for quiet; our Y has it in the locker room. I can still hear kids in the dressing area.

I'm sure that "no kids under 13" has a lot more to do with liability than it does for relaxation.

The YMCA.  (Not the song the Village People sing.  ;) ) It's a great family gym in the  Northeast. It's been great going there and having DD with me. I can't wait until she  gets older so we can do Mommy and Me Dance Lessons.

LaurieS

Quote from: Julia on February 28, 2011, 03:09:34 PM

Yes it's the first letter of that awful 4 letter word song

pam1

lol, my dad and stepmom just came back from a beach that they didn't realize going into was going to be nudity allowed.  They kept saying they weren't told anything about it!  Probably cause it's not a big deal over there.  They wouldn't tell me if they tried going nude on the beach lol.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

YMCA and YWCA...Young Men's (Woman's) Christian Association. Very old, widespread in the US,  concept for socializing in a ethical context.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YMCA
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

Quote from: luise.volta on February 28, 2011, 07:20:44 PM
YMCA and YWCA...Young Men's (Woman's) Christian Association. Very old, widespread in the US,  concept for socializing in a ethical context.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YMCA

They've made a huge comeback in the Northeast (they all were pretty run down). Now, they have huge facilities where the whole family can go. I'm glad they've turned around from what they were around the Northeast in the early 90s.

LaurieS

How do they obtain their funding?  It's not all private donations and membership fees, is it?

holliberri

Quote from: Laurie on February 28, 2011, 07:30:53 PM
How do they obtain their funding?  It's not all private donations and membership fees, is it?

They get funding from the state, but the membership for us is still like $60/month. They also have a daycare that charges a ton of money.

So, private donations, membership fees, state funding and other usage charges. It's not cheap. But, DH needs a softball/soccer team, I need a treadmill and pilates and I just love taking DD for a swim on some of the winter nights in their heated pool.

luise.volta

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: luise.volta on February 28, 2011, 07:39:08 PM
And they are legally non-profit.

That just means that when it all comes down to it that their financial statements have $0 income. Not really that they aren't out to make money. Just that they have to "dispose" of the money.

luise.volta

Sheen

They have no where to carry their money either lol.   Beaches, bathhouse, lakes and anything in between are all basically left to your disgression here in sweden.