March 28, 2024, 06:26:56 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The entitled 2 year old again!

Started by MotherOf3, February 28, 2011, 07:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnonymousDIL

LOL the Y dressing room! Gotta love it when you walk into the women's dressing room and see a 6 yr. old boy streaking! lol

It is one of my pet peeves when mother's take there kids onto the 18 and older side too. Can't anyone just follow a few simple rules? lol Maybe you're okay with your kid seeing you naked, but I'm not lol

luise.volta

Ours hot tub sing says "No one over 10!" (Just kidding.) I was recently in it with someone who is 104. She still hasn't needed to move into assisted care, is writing her biography on her, yes!, *computer* and volunteers in our Manor Mart.

(I don't know what that really has to do with anything but the mention of hot tubs brought it on.)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

lol, our neighbors (thank goodness they moved!) kept letting their younger boy slip n slide and play with the water hose naked.  I couldn't figure out if the mom thought no one could see him or that she just didn't care.  The kid certainly didn't and he was 7.  DH and I kept having to scope out the area before letting DD out to play.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

They should have joined a Family Nudist Park. We have three within driving distance.  ;D ;D ;D

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: luise.volta on February 28, 2011, 11:11:40 AM
They should have joined a Family Nudist Park. We have three within driving distance.  ;D ;D ;D

REALLY?!  :o

pam1

Really?  I've always wanted to check one out, without kids though!

I would have been ok with the kid if he had been younger but 7 was a little old for both him and DD to see at that age. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Val and I belonged to one for years. I sat on the Board. It was lovely to watch the kids in the lake. They just grew up with it  and didn't think a thing of it.

holliberri

I spent 3 years in Europe. Co-ed saunas, hot tubs, no age limit, no clothes. There was no such thing as nude beaches b/c there was no such thing as not-nude beaches.

I was able to be a lot more comfortable about it after that. I forgot my body hang ups as welll. I thought it was a great experience.

luise.volta

Yup, that's the up side of it. Wonderful!

seasage

Quote from: holliberri on February 28, 2011, 11:25:09 AM
I spent 3 years in Europe. Co-ed saunas, hot tubs, no age limit, no clothes. There was no such thing as nude beaches b/c there was no such thing as not-nude beaches.

It's clear you and I were in different places in Europe.  On my last trip, I saw 1 nude beach, perhaps 15 not-nude beaches.

luise.volta

Oh, shoot! I haven't been to Europe!There must be areas where it is more prevalent and others where it isn't. I found a nice one on Long Island and another great one on Hawaii. (That's as far as I have gone East and West.  ;D

holliberri

I've been all over, I lived in Italy, mainly...nudity was optional at most beaches I was at. I beached mostly throughout Eastern Europe, again...nudity optional (Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro). My point is there wasn't an explicit "no nudity beach" that I encountered.

It's not mandatory to be nude, but it's not frowned upon either. Nobody cared what you did as far as I could tell...they didn't care if your children were naked either.

As for co-ed saunas, they were all over Germany, Austria, and the Czech Republic. I've found them to be quite common place.

holliberri

Luise,

You've seen more of the  U.S. than I've seen, then!

Nude beaches are the Pennsylvania Poconos best kept secret from what I understand. My mom has found 3 of them (fresh water, of course!).

luise.volta

I think this is called "hijacking a thread" and I'm guilty. We need a new topic regarding nude beaches. Anyone?

LaurieS

I always tried to keep in mind that while something my child did may not bother me, I have to realize that others could be offended by poor behavior at any age.  If a child is acting up and the parent is obviously trying to maintain their role as a parent, I have no issues... but when a child is allowed to carry on and the parent is allowing poor behavior and it directly affects me. then yep I'm going to have some issues.  The first time your kid runs over to my table while I'm eating I'll smile.. the second time I'll think about tripping him.  We went out for dinner not long ago to what I thought was a place that was not real child friendly.. the hostess tried to seat us next to a table with 3 kids and one was acting up.. of course she quickly asked, will this be ok.. I smiled and said NO.  I don't know why but kids seem to be attracted to us, like little mosquitos, and while they may be small they can be quite irritating :)