April 24, 2024, 07:00:10 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

If it wasn't for kids we wouldn't have grandkids!

Started by slimgramma, February 27, 2011, 04:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimgramma

I read a post from back in June that I loved and also the way she wrote it.  Because I did NOT know where to start OR what to say because there is so much so here goes...One daughter 30, one son 27 and one stepson 26. 2 daughter in laws.
1979 1985 married then divorced from 1st husband
1985-1993 Roller coaster ride from heck with boyfriend.  Hung in there.
1993 Boyfriend turns over new leaf.lol  At this time the kids are 12, 10 and 9
1995 Get remarried HAPPILY and have been since. Son lived w/us daughter with her dad
2001 son graduates, joins Army Nat Guard on return moves in with his dad.
1981 (had to back up) Daughter is born..all is well..until son is born in 83..Daughter has very rough childhood and has forgiven and been forgiven since.
Fast forward to 2004..First grandson born 1/16/04. Daughter addicted to pain meds on welfare bad choices. Living in ghetto
2005 Sept 23 grandson passes away.  Daughter not charged.  Looooooong story..was neglect..he was 21 months..:(
2006 My brother in law dies of cancer in May, my mother in law in Sept and my father in law in Dec.
2005-current stepson gets angry with his dad and blows us off for up to a yr at a time. Keep in mind that he has a weight problem his whole life and smoked.  Now he is skinney and stopped smoking and is a reformer from heck.  We are no longer good enough.
from 2006 to 2008 my daughter and I did not speak.  I was so very hurt and angry...Long story but we are great now.  She has changed her life for the better and has two more boys who are the loves of our lives and keeps us sane.
Stepson hasn't talked to us since May and son since June.  And I waste HOURS being angry and hurt UNTIL I read the posts from you all..Wow..But I can't let go..They are so mean..lol and my daughter who has begged for our love for all of these yrs is very close to us..The boys...welllll... This is the SHORT version.  Thanks for listening.

luise.volta

I don't know what to say except "welcome." It sounds like a long tough road. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Faithlooksup

Hello and Welcome...  Yes, you have had your fill of the good, bad and ugly.....we all have....
But I am glad to read that your Daughter is changing for the better.....as far as your stepson and son, perhaps they just need to go thru life and figure out what they need to.....Meanwhile enjoy those whom make you Happy and take care of yourself for that is important...

Wishing you the best...Faith