March 29, 2024, 04:58:18 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

How Do You Try To Restore Some Happiness

Started by myree, February 25, 2011, 04:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Quote from: Tara on February 27, 2011, 02:45:57 PM
I love all the frogs and toad stories!  I can imagine they are a sign of a healthy environment. 
How interesting that they freeze in the winter and thaw out in the summer.  who would have suspected.

Does anyone do worm composting?  (vermaculture)?  I started doing it a few years ago and we feed our
garbage to the worms in this bin and they eat it and create composte and 'worm tea' you can put on
your plants and in the garden.

Here is what it looks like. had a whole green show once which I was watching and when they showed this and the worms you could keep under your sink she and the other women screamed!  lol

Worms are the ideal pets, they eat only scraps, you don't need to take them for walks,  they are fairly quiet, don't disturb the neighbours,  and you don't need a license to keep them, and their manure and "worm juice" is amazing growth promoter and fertilizer.    Yes we have worms.     I had a vermiculture business for a few years 4 x 3m beds.    I would get manure  from stables and fallen fruit from orchards by the boxful.     I sold the worm boxes and worms with them.      We went on holidays and a water pipe broke so they all died.      I have had them since on a smaller scale. I use an old bathtub, bit larger.  it works well.  You put a bottle under the plug hole to collect the juice.     

How did we go from  the topic Re: How Do You Try To Restore Some Happiness to frogs, snakes, worms and fences??  Whatever makes you happy I guess

pam1

What do you need worm juice for?  lol, I know thats probably a dumb question.

Now, did you sell that worm stuff to other people? 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

pam1

To answer the OP, DH and I did lists a long time ago of things we want to do before we die.  All kinds of things, from really big stuff to little stuff.  When we need a pick me up we usually do something off the list or start planning/saving for a big thing.  It helps me b/c I like hope and things to look forward too.  So it's a constant reminder of things I want to do that have yet to be done.

luise.volta

Well, can you beat that? I never thought I would cry over any dumb old worms...but when I read about your disaster and that they all died, I teared up. What you were doing sounded so marvelous for all concerned (including the worms.)  :'(
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on February 28, 2011, 09:38:34 AM
What do you need worm juice for?  lol, I know thats probably a dumb question.

Now, did you sell that worm stuff to other people?
I have a feeling that you don't actually drink it.. let's hope not

Tara

The worm tea is supposed to the the elixer of the garden.  I pour it on anything I want to thrive!  also, compost gets made when
the worms eat the old veges and then you use that too.  The worms like coffee grounds and at a detox workshop where they taught organic gardening they told us that the coffee grounds make the worms feel sexy and then reproduce more   :) :) :) :)  now and then I get some  grounds from starbucks for them. 

holliberri

Quote from: Tara on February 28, 2011, 04:11:24 PM
worms feel sexy and then reproduce more   :) :) :) :)  now and then I get some  grounds from starbucks for them.

Tara,

I'm in night class waiting to be excused from a final...and this for some reason is making me laugh so hard. Sexy worms.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

LaurieS

I'm just picturing a worm singing.. I'm to sexy for my dirt, to sexy for my dirt ~~~~~

pam1

I'm learning all kinds of stuff from this site that I've never heard of. 

I might try that worming thing, I have no idea why but it sounds fascinating.  Maybe I can sell it to people too, like a side job. 

Tara

You women are toooo funny.

Luise, there is a woman who sells worms and worm tea and boxes at the growers market   8)

pam1

I was thinking more like having a worm stand in the front yard.  Like a lemonade stand...but with worms and the juice. 

luise.volta

luise.volta

I doubt it will increase my reproductive rate but I'm up for the rest... ;)