March 28, 2024, 02:09:48 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

How Do You Try To Restore Some Happiness

Started by myree, February 25, 2011, 04:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 25, 2011, 06:56:39 PM
You would be screaming like a girly girl.. these things are huge and they fly.. It's like getting taken down by a pterodactyl and in Florida they are more common then coconuts.  We still have them in Texas but not in the same numbers.  Horrible horrible things, this was the one time I swear that God was just screwing with us.

My gorgeous neighbour is 76 and was stickpicking a paddock.  (clearing)    When i turned up (after the work was done) not intentially though she tore her pants off thinking she had a snake up her trouser leg.   It wasn't a snake (which is on the cards) it was a 8cm centipede....I think they have 26 legs   

luise.volta

Kirk and Sandy have those Centipedes in Hawaii. They 8 - 10 inches long and move fast. They had netting over their bed...tucked in and one got underneath and into the bed and bit Sandy's ear. They are poisonous! I would never move there! How did we get into these horror stories. I won't sleep tonight and there is nothing in W. Washington except some little garter snakes and some anemic mosquitoes.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

Well...there's earthquakes, of course. No place is perfect...even W. WA!  :(

LaurieS

no one likes creepy crawling things... except my little Jenni, she creepy crawls under the covers at night and doesn't move till morning

luise.volta

LaurieS

Chihuahua have got to be the cutest and most useless dogs on earth.  Chibi sat outside today with the men that were here working on my pool netting... I walked out there once and she is laying in the middle of the pile of netting that they were sewing on.. The man kept saying.. she's fine she's fine

luise.volta

myree

hey julia we are in mt isa up far north not in brisbane so we didnt get flooded but we did 2 yrs ago and the recent cyclone called yasi bought us a lot of rain . i guess you just survive like evrything in life but the NZ earthquake would scare me

JaneF

I enjoyed reading your posts here ladies! Too funny! But yuk, centipedes, huge roaches that fly, snakes...yikes. I too loved Mrs. Munster! Beautiful and graceful lady. I got to "doggie sit" and "kitty sit" this weekend, while taking care of ex sis in law and great friend after a surgery. Most lovely pets they are too, useless perhaps, but sweet and gentle and I would love to take them all home with me! I would not care for anything living being in my shoes though eeeeekkkkk. Have a lovely day ladies.

Tara

We have two little frogs :  one lives in the garage (dh puts water out for her)  and one somehow sneaks onto the edge of the hottub.  Its been cold of late so haven't seen them in a while.  They are so sweet!

Once I walked into the kitchen and there was one sitting on annies (bichon frise) water dish having a drink.

luise.volta

LaurieS

What a sweet name for a dog Tara... I have a massive toad that comes to my door each night ... I leave the porch light on for him so he has plenty to eat... if he ever got into the house my chihuahua would be traumatized for life

cadagi101

Quote from: Tara on February 27, 2011, 10:50:07 AM
We have two little frogs :  one lives in the garage (dh puts water out for her)  and one somehow sneaks onto the edge of the hottub.  Its been cold of late so haven't seen them in a while.  They are so sweet!

Once I walked into the kitchen and there was one sitting on annies (bichon frise) water dish having a drink.

Tara, frogs are so cute I used to love them and we didn't have any before we moved here and I would try to attract them as I loved their ribitt ribitt ribbit.     Now I can count 40 odd without any trouble on our doors at night,  (where the insects gather).     We have them in our loos every day, we have to put "frog stop" down them but that only works for one flush.    The girls squeal when they are in the loo,   I shared my shower with one last night,  poor little bugger what a site that must have been!!     I picked up the dishcloth yesterday in the kitchen and their was one under it.     Our recent heavy rain..minor flooding has brought them in plague proportions.    The frogs attract the snakes but I have recently heard the snakes say there'e  are sick of eating them.      How many frogs could one eat really?  My neighbour tells me they are a sign of a healthy enviroment!!  They will disappear when winter comes.  Frog fact.......frogs freeze in winter and thaw when the weather warms.

Quote from: Laurie on February 27, 2011, 01:28:53 PM
What a sweet name for a dog Tara... I have a massive toad that comes to my door each night ... I leave the porch light on for him so he has plenty to eat... if he ever got into the house my chihuahua would be traumatized for life

that must be one big toad!!

Tara

I love all the frogs and toad stories!  I can imagine they are a sign of a healthy environment. 
How interesting that they freeze in the winter and thaw out in the summer.  who would have suspected.

Does anyone do worm composting?  (vermaculture)?  I started doing it a few years ago and we feed our
garbage to the worms in this bin and they eat it and create composte and 'worm tea' you can put on
your plants and in the garden.

Here is what it looks like.  Oprah had a whole green show once which I was watching and when they showed this and the worms you could keep under your sink she and the other women screamed!  lol 

luise.volta