March 28, 2024, 09:31:28 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

How Do You Try To Restore Some Happiness

Started by myree, February 25, 2011, 04:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Do you have a picture of the fence so we can see it?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cadagi101

Quote from: luise.volta on February 25, 2011, 01:29:07 PM
You put your food in your shoe?  ;D ;D ;D

the real frogs get in my shoes,  the chocolate frogs are in my cupboard.  oh ( I just noticed I wrote food instead of frog haha Luise)

luise.volta

I'll fix that...but I'd rather have food in my shoe than a frog! That used to happen in Florida with salamanders, too.

luise.volta

My guess is that you didn't mean frog or food but foot, right?

LaurieS

and land crabs.. they were forever coming up from the water when I was  young. But the worse in florida are the palmetto bugs, cocka-roaches to some.

Here is a sample of the fence.. ours would only be 48" tall and only on two sides of the pool.. we are thinking about a cable system on the other two sides... this fence is steel slats.. if they don't approve it then I think we are going to go with wood slats and the cable fence

luise.volta

Really lovely! If you get the OK, bet others will copy it!

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 25, 2011, 01:50:08 PM
and land crabs.. they were forever coming up from the water when I was  young. But the worse in florida are the palmetto bugs, cocka-roaches to some.

Here is a sample of the fence.. ours would only be 48" tall and only on two sides of the pool.. we are thinking about a cable system on the other two sides... this fence is steel slats.. if they don't approve it then I think we are going to go with wood slats and the cable fence

That fence is really lovely I hope you can get it.   

luise.volta

LaurieS

I'll have you know that I ripped my pants off in public once when one of those roaches climbed up my pant leg.. it was so horrible I still haven't gotten over it

myree

wow.HOW HAPPY you all made me. holliberri yvonne decarlo is gorgoeous i chose her pic beacuse the irony is she is beautiful but in my fav show the munsters she was made less attractive but underneath she was stunning its how some of us seem to be portrayed . i so love all the posts about frogs and fences as i live in north queensland australia .love you all XXXXXXX

myree

(and please excuse my spelling error in subject line)                                   i wrote at 11pm in the dark......HON EST i did!  :) :) :) :) :D :D :D i feel i will have a happy saturdat now

luise.volta

cadagi101

Quote from: myree on February 25, 2011, 03:44:12 PM
(and please excuse my spelling error in subject line)                                   i wrote at 11pm in the dark......HON EST i did!  :) :) :) :) :D :D :D i feel i will have a happy saturdat now

Whenever I hear someones from Queensland , my heart sinks.    How do the people involved get the strength to rebuild there lives?     Now we have the tragedy in New Zealand ,    the lives lost, the magnificent city of Christchurch.
How did you fare in the floods?

You must have cane toads the monsster of them all.... How do you get by with them?   We in NSW fear they may have washed from QLd downstream in the floods.....   
Happy Saturday, 

cadagi101

Quote from: Laurie on February 25, 2011, 03:05:45 PM
I'll have you know that I ripped my pants off in public once when one of those roaches climbed up my pant leg.. it was so horrible I still haven't gotten over it

I wish I was a fly on the wall....

LaurieS

You would be screaming like a girly girl.. these things are huge and they fly.. It's like getting taken down by a pterodactyl and in Florida they are more common then coconuts.  We still have them in Texas but not in the same numbers.  Horrible horrible things, this was the one time I swear that God was just screwing with us.