April 16, 2024, 08:23:16 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I am so jaded...

Started by overwhelmed123, February 24, 2011, 12:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

haha, its ok, I hoard hair in the winter :)

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

I hoard WWU members. I have over 2000!  8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

I have found that life is so much less stressful for my mil when I say, yes Mom I will take good care of that...  One day she was chasing me around asking do you like this.. how about that.. finally I asked, "do you mean now of when you're dead".  Mom does have beautiful things, things that belong with her style :)  but Shirley does have a home here, although I keep her wrapped and boxed up like she's in a coffin.

Oh speaking of coffins.. my son got to stay in one of those Japanese capsule hotels.. can't be a hoarder if you are going to live like that.

holliberri

It doesn't look like you could have claustrophobia either.

Pooh

I hope he got a free MRI with that....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

What the...I have never seen one of those.  Wow, I could NOT do that small of a space.

pam1

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on February 28, 2011, 01:42:08 PM
What the...I have never seen one of those.  Wow, I could NOT do that small of a space.

Could you sleep here?  http://www.geekologie.com/2008/02/underwater_hotel_in_istanbul_t.php

I hope those walls are insulated really well in Japan, I'm pretty sure I could sleep in there if there wasn't much noise. 

LaurieS

ohhhh yes I could/would/should sleep in a underwater hotel

overwhelmed123

OMG!  Underwater!  No no no no no!  See, I find the concept incredibly cool and I enjoy scuba diving, so I really don't mind being underwater.  But OH the anxiety of wondering if something in the foundation of the hotel would give, it would flood, and we would all drown.  Oh gosh.  I just couldn't.

LaurieS

Well if the floor was wet upon entering I might ask for  a refund

overwhelmed123

Laurie, it just takes one small leak and then BAM!  Haven't you seen Titanic?  ;)

pam1

No, I didn't watch the Titanic b/c I already knew what was going to happen. 

But, if the underwater hotel busted, wouldn't the glass break from the pressure since you're on the bottom and then the pressure would just send you up to the top? I have no idea what I'm talking about but it makes sense to me lol.  I would assume they'd have suits and oxygen masks so you can find your way out still breathing too.

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on February 28, 2011, 03:55:25 PM
No, I didn't watch the Titanic b/c I already knew what was going to happen. 

But, if the underwater hotel busted, wouldn't the glass break from the pressure since you're on the bottom and then the pressure would just send you up to the top? I have no idea what I'm talking about but it makes sense to me lol.  I would assume they'd have suits and oxygen masks so you can find your way out still breathing too.
LOL really Pam

pam1

Hey, I may not have paid too much attention in physics but I think I'm onto something.  Think about it, the titanic sunk because it was filled with air on top and the water weighed it down.  So if water comes crashing into an underwater dwelling the pressure would likely cause the thing to burst and everything would shoot to the top.  Now I guess it would stink if the structure didn't burst all the way and you got stuck up near the glass.  lol, I thought about this all the way throughout dinner.  Maybe I've found something to go back to school for.