March 28, 2024, 02:31:50 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I am so jaded...

Started by overwhelmed123, February 24, 2011, 12:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Now when is a MIL going to adopt me!!!!!!  I've been waiting so patiently, I'm just going to have to snatch one of them. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

pam1

What was the one who said they make peanut butter cookies with kisses on the top?   ;D

Pooh

Oh I see, you are all about the chocolate!  Well, I will gladly adopt you too, as long as you like laser tag, rock-paper-scissors and you have to agree that Pink the color is great, but Pink the singer is so-so.  If you like Pink the singer, then you will have to talk to Laurie, cause that was the one of the rules of her and Holli signing adoption papers!   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

If you happen to like Pink the singer, you can be Team MIL-Laurie. : )

overwhelmed123

LOL!  We can be sisters, Pam!  With our situations being so alike, we might as well be!!  I can make a mean batch of homemade brownies.

Pooh

Ha ha ha...we must have all been typing at the same time!  So tough decision now....chocolate or Pink?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

overwhelmed123

Pfft...shouldn't be a tough decision.  Chocolate takes precedence always.

holliberri

Um...I make Peanut Butter cookies with chocolate kisses on top and I make homemade brownies. You can have your Pink and eat your chocolate too!

pam1

I really don't like running unless I'm being chased.  But I guess I can play laser tag...I only like old Pink music when she first came out and I'm just ok with pink the color, although my bathroom is hot pink! 

Brownies....I know, I saw where you use a zester to bake.  Now that's some skills, I can only bake what they sell in a box.   And yes, we might as well be sisters lol.

pam1

LaurieS

I do like Pink's attitude... and while I may love chocolate.. I can devour a rum cake like it's nothing more then finger food.  And whoever  might be on Team MIL - Laurie... has to use vinegar to clean with ... you know I have a fetish about my vinegar.

holliberri

overwhelmed123

Laurie, do you clean the rats' cage with vinegar and water?  That's what I used to use.

pam1

I use vinegar to rinse my hair with sometimes?

Pooh

You don't havvvve to run to play laser tag...as long as you are good at finding a hiding spot and just ambushing people.  I make a mean "chocolate suicide cake" and I don't detest vinegar, but do not have the fetish Laurie has.  I do use it some, like to descale my coffee maker, in mop water and a small dab in my homemade chili.  I am willing to compromise on Pink the singer - a little.  You can be a closet Pink person, but when I put the top down in the convertable, we must jam to 80's music and no rolling the window up, so your hair doesn't blow unless we hit the Interstate!  I do have some standards......
Joseph Campbell