March 28, 2024, 12:28:43 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My Girlfriend Called Today

Started by LaurieS, February 23, 2011, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

yeah Tara you might not be the good one to talk right now :) 

Pooh

Hmmm....after hearing all this, I am now re-thinking my next house.  Maybe we should build.  Two small cottages attached by a breezeway, so when we reach retirement, we each have our own place to go!   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Tara's approach with leaving the country occasionally would probably work too

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

Quote from: Pooh on February 25, 2011, 05:58:43 AM
Hmmm....after hearing all this, I am now re-thinking my next house.  Maybe we should build.  Two small cottages attached by a breezeway, so when we reach retirement, we each have our own place to go!   ;D

My dream situation has always been adjoining condos, precisely so that we each can have our own space.  And I agree with Louise - nice solid doors that lock!  Togetherness is lovely, but I can't imagine being joined at the hip with a partner like I was with XH when we first were married.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

luise.volta

Most of us were pretty dumb when we first married...

When Val passes, I might marry again but it would have to be two places. Yup!  (I am still pretty but not as dumb.)

Tara

Yes Women!

separate space is essential YES Pooh, two attaching cottages, perfect. 
Yes Elsieshaye, thats my vision too.  I tell dh that we should buy the house next door
when the current person moves out and one of us live next door.  He was surprised
at first but has gotten used to my thinking by now. 

I love that you say you may marry again Luise.   I went so many years w/o getting married
I kind of like it now.  DH and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary in May. 

Hey, its snowing here.  Is it snowing in Seattle area Luise?

luise.volta

Yes, it has been snowing. It isn't right now. We got 7 inches and it was 14 degrees last night.(And my Narcissus were in bloom!) One of my sort-of daughters lives 7 miles north of us and they got 10 inches.

My SIL and family were up at Whistler skiing and came home early. Yesterday they were skiing in 50 MPH winds and it was 7 below. The wind chill took it to something like 80 below and they just packed up 2 days early and came home.

cadagi101

Quote from: luise.volta on February 25, 2011, 07:10:06 PM
Yes, it has been snowing. It isn't right now. We got 7 inches and it was 14 degrees last night.(And my Narcissus were in bloom!) One of my sort-of daughters lives 7 miles north of us and they got 10 inches.

My SIL and family were up at Whistler skiing and came home early. Yesterday they were skiing in 50 MPH winds and it was 7 below. The wind chill took it to something like 80 below and they just packed up 2 days early and came home.

Are they  Narcissusistiic Narcissus?   no... really... what do they look like?

luise.volta

I would be (N.N.)if I were them...they are So cute! Perfect, little dwarf daffodils!!