March 28, 2024, 11:50:41 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Have you ever....

Started by pam1, February 22, 2011, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

That's great... I think I'll have to pick up some inexpensive tool cases so I can make one up myself.  The wire ones probably wouldn't be hard to make.

Rose799

Quote from: pam1 on February 22, 2011, 02:07:07 PM
My younger brother was always a "picker"  He loved just irritating us kids, flicking you, poking your shoulder and running away, repeatedly bumping into you on purpose.  Just always, always picking.  So one time he was doing his repeated bump while we were doing dishes, I was rinsing and he was loading.  I filled up a glass of water and turned to him and poured over his head.  He now tells me he is traumatized from that and needs therapy hah.

Love it~    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

holliberri

I see a trend--little brothers! Those paybacks...so funny and light, but it felt serious back then!

luise.volta

Two big sisters...five years older and 9 years older who never let me into their club. But they didn't taunt me...they just ignored me. No little brothers or sisters. Just dogs. Very easy to love and very loving!  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Quote from: holliberri on February 22, 2011, 03:54:21 PM
Quote from: Pooh on February 22, 2011, 01:21:47 PM
Ok, let me reword that as after I submitted it, it sounded nosey...Lol.  I found this website that had some cute ideas for alcohol and wine drinkers.

www.guybouquet.com

This is an awesome idea! I know what I'm doing for our anniversary!
I bookmarked it too, as my DH is a beer drinker.  Laurie is right, putting together one of those would be easy and very cute for a guy.  When we went on our cruise in November, I had a welcome aboard basket delivered to our room for him.  It was a lunchbox cooler with 6 of his favorite bottles of brewsky, a mug, a hat and cheese and crackers.  He loved that one so I am sure he would like those.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Quote from: luise.volta on February 22, 2011, 07:38:43 PM
Two big sisters...five years older and 9 years older who never let me into their club. But they didn't taunt me...they just ignored me. No little brothers or sisters. Just dogs. Very easy to love and very loving!  :)

Awwwww, well at least they weren't mean.

I did get everything set up except the character for the singing telegram.  They have so many to choose from! 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

Everything?

There's more than just the singing telegram?

I'm afraid to ask!

pam1

Haha, it's not too much more.  Just a cake the character will deliver too and got the ok from his boss to have it done at work :)  I think he will like it.

holliberri

Can you send the link of possible characters? I feel like laughing today instead of working!

pam1

Sorry, Holli I can't figure out how to post the file with the descriptions, it's a pdf thingie. 

But they have bag ladies, old nurses, grim reapers, gorillas, clowns.