March 28, 2024, 09:08:18 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Have you ever....

Started by pam1, February 22, 2011, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Really?  How did he like 'em?

Pooh

He liked them, but it was more about the occasion.  I made him an arrangement of our wedding flowers and had them delivered to his work the day before the wedding with a note that said, "Can't wait to be your wife tomorrow."  So I can't say it was about the flowers, but more the meaning.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Awww, that is really sweet Pooh :)

I'm not even thinking of sending them to my husband.  it's his brother, he's mad that we won't come to his bday party 3 hours away so I wondered should I just send him flowers lol.  He's very upset about this.

overwhelmed123

pam1

luise.volta

Send him a bouquet of skunk cabbage.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

If I may, I would think it would be a little patronizing. Only b/c for some reason, your latest post made me laugh in this gleeful but sinister way.  :D  (I recognize it could be my mood).

If you're going for patronizing...a pacifier might work.

If it's not out of ill-will and you really want to be genuine... is there something you know he'll use?

I did get flowers for my ex. He was in a dance recital when he was 21 for the first time. Since all the little girls got flowers...so did he. It was still more for laughs though.

luise.volta

I'm into getting flowers from guys.  ;D

pam1

Luise, I just googled that!  I had NO idea there were plants like that!

Holli, I don't really mean it out of ill will.  I guess, more like tongue in cheek.  He and I get along quite well but he is being a stinker about this. 

I did find singing telegrams too :)  Maybe I'll do that instead.  Send them to his work :)

holliberri

You know his humor better than I do!

LOL, singing telegram = appropriately mortifying in my book.

If a fuss is what he wants, then a fuss is what he'll get.  :)

pam1

That's exactly what I was thinking!  If he wants a fuss....ok :)  I can make a fuss! 

luise.volta

Skunk cabbage grows wild here in damp areas in the woods. It's wonderful to see in early spring but you can smell it before you get there.

holliberri

Acutally, Pam, it's pretty nearby you too...so watch out!

My brother used sneak in my room and put it in my pillow case. Ew.