April 23, 2024, 12:49:41 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Have you ever....

Started by pam1, February 22, 2011, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I suppose a girl in a cake would be too expensive? (Just trying to help!)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

I would be willing to do that but I can't find girls in cake around here :(  I did find some interesting telegrams....I'm leaning towards the bag lady.

Holli, thats so gross!  Did you get him back? 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

It took a few tries, but I mixed my dad's broken deodorant with his cottage cheese. He left me alone after that. I still got in trouble though. I did it on school property. They told me poison control was going to come and take me to jail.

You'll believe anything when you're 8!

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I think my DH liked them, but because of the spirit of the occasion.  Even though he's a sentimental guy, I don't think he would care for them for a birthday or such.  Just think it's not so much a guy thing as it is a woman thing.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

That is funny and genius!  Especially for a kid :)

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Ok, let me reword that as after I submitted it, it sounded nosey...Lol.  I found this website that had some cute ideas for alcohol and wine drinkers.

www.guybouquet.com
Joseph Campbell

Rose799

Quote from: holliberri on February 22, 2011, 01:03:57 PM
It took a few tries, but I mixed my dad's broken deodorant with his cottage cheese. He left me alone after that. I still got in trouble though. I did it on school property. They told me poison control was going to come and take me to jail.

You'll believe anything when you're 8!

You one-upped him, no wonder he didn't mess with you again!  :D :D   DD didn't have a DB.  I can hardly wait to see what mischief her 2 DS get in to...  Payback!   ;D ;D

pam1

No, none of them drink, smoke (cigars) or any of those kind of grown up generic things you can get someone. 

but those guy bouquets are a good idea, I'm bookmarking :)

overwhelmed123

I vote for a pacifier!  In his 30's and throwing a fit over a birthday party...good grief!

Rose799

My little db thought it was funny to pinch his sisters.  One day I was doing dishes & sensed him coming up behind me.  Without looking, I pulled the dish rag out of the soapy water & slung it over my shoulder.  He got walloped but good & I never got pinched after that.  Brothers!   :)

pam1

Thats funny, Rose.

My younger brother was always a "picker"  He loved just irritating us kids, flicking you, poking your shoulder and running away, repeatedly bumping into you on purpose.  Just always, always picking.  So one time he was doing his repeated bump while we were doing dishes, I was rinsing and he was loading.  I filled up a glass of water and turned to him and poured over his head.  He now tells me he is traumatized from that and needs therapy hah.

pam1

Quote from: overwhelmed123 on February 22, 2011, 02:02:47 PM
I vote for a pacifier!  In his 30's and throwing a fit over a birthday party...good grief!

Yeah, that's what I thought too.  But hey, give him what he wants ;)  I bet he won't throw a fit next year haha

holliberri

Quote from: Pooh on February 22, 2011, 01:21:47 PM
Ok, let me reword that as after I submitted it, it sounded nosey...Lol.  I found this website that had some cute ideas for alcohol and wine drinkers.

www.guybouquet.com

This is an awesome idea! I know what I'm doing for our anniversary!