March 29, 2024, 07:21:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dr. Phil show re:cults

Started by Pen, February 16, 2011, 04:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I think he will too Holli.  I think many of the things we found cute in the beginning, turn out to be the hardest to take later.  I remember that one of the things that drew me to my first husband was his reckless spirit.  I had always done the right thing and his bad-boyness gave me some excitement.  A few years and kids later, his reckless spirit kept us in financial trouble and jobless too often.  I hated it then. 

And just for the record, I don't wish for them to get divorced.  My wish is they will both grow up and mature, and learn.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 10:43:24 AM
And just for the record, I don't wish for them to get divorced.  My wish is they will both grow up and mature, and learn.

I agree it is better to not get divorced, but she sounds like she could have narcissitic personality disorder. she might not be able to "grow up and mature." Sorry, divorce is a bit "gloomy." I try to plan for the worst and hope for the best. :-) The best being that she comes around. Does she have any friends of her own? Does she do anything by herself?

Pooh

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on February 17, 2011, 10:40:42 AM
So a little over 3 years... The novelty of that will wear off soon. Sounds like it has started. Maybe he thought she'd "ease up" after they got married. I think you'll be able to ride this out. He will probably leave her. She sounds terribly high-maintenance.

Any kids? Hopefully not. Don't want to have that in the middle of a separation/divorce. She sounds like she would be an awful mother and future MILFH lol

Quote from: holliberri on February 17, 2011, 10:37:51 AM
I think people think it's okay for spouses to act like that, especially early on in marriage.

Dang! I let DH have his "guy time" I should put an end to that! ROFL

No kids yet.  And oh my...I don't even want to imagine what kind of MIL she will make! Lol.

Don't you dare put an end to that "guy time"...you are a good wife!!!!!!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

AnonymousDIL

Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 10:47:32 AM

LOL I won't.  Although I don't relish the thought of his upcoming guy weekend.  :( I will definitely miss him and really don't want him to go, but it is a good opportunity for him to spend time with his dad and brothers..... I won't even get a good night text because there is no signal there. Bummer.....

Pooh

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on February 17, 2011, 10:47:13 AM
Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 10:43:24 AM

I agree it is better to not get divorced, but she sounds like she could have narcissitic personality disorder. she might not be able to "grow up and mature." Sorry, divorce is a bit "gloomy." I try to plan for the worst and hope for the best. :-) The best being that she comes around. Does she have any friends of her own? Does she do anything by herself?

No, she has no friends.  Her maid of honor was one of her co-workers she had known six months.  Isn't that sad?  And I did know what you meant.  I don't see her changing as I do think it has always been her personality, but I can hold out hope she can change if she wants to????

Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Quote from: AnonymousDIL on February 17, 2011, 10:52:34 AM
Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 10:47:32 AM

LOL I won't.  Although I don't relish the thought of his upcoming guy weekend.  :( I will definitely miss him and really don't want him to go, but it is a good opportunity for him to spend time with his dad and brothers..... I won't even get a good night text because there is no signal there. Bummer.....

I understand.  I hate when mine is gone and miss him terribly.  But it is good for them, just like I could go for a girl's weekend somewhere and he would miss me, but would be all for it.
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

then it's on a WWU cruise .. you pick the destination.. a girls week out.. whoo hoo

AnonymousDIL

No, she has no friends.  Her maid of honor was one of her co-workers she had known six months.  Isn't that sad?  And I did know what you meant.  I don't see her changing as I do think it has always been her personality, but I can hold out hope she can change if she wants to????
[/quote]

Oh My! No friends at all?! That makes me soooo sad. Makes me want to give her a hug, of course she would probably mace me. lol....... It doesn't really surprise me though. Awwwwwwwww, I feel so badly for her. She needs to get herself a life. Some friends, hobbies, a cat anything. :-(

Pooh

I would feel sorry for her, but I think she runs people off.  Ok, here's something I haven't told you guys.  I was one of her sports coaches in all 4 of her High School years!  This was before they ever started dating, and she was a pain to coach because she knew better than anyone, and the girls on the team couldn't stand her attitude.  Funny thing was, she seem to respect me as a coach and we got along fine during those years. 
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 11:28:48 AM
I would feel sorry for her, but I think she runs people off.  Ok, here's something I haven't told you guys.  I was one of her sports coaches in all 4 of her High School years!  This was before they ever started dating, and she was a pain to coach because she knew better than anyone, and the girls on the team couldn't stand her attitude.  Funny thing was, she seem to respect me as a coach and we got along fine during those years.
Maybe if you told her to run the poles, she'd appreciate you more

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on February 17, 2011, 11:36:47 AM
Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 11:28:48 AM
Maybe if you told her to run the poles, she'd appreciate you more
It wasn't softball Laurie!  Lol.
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Ahhh I see you've had to run the poles a few times :)

Pooh

Oh yeah...I have done more than my fair share.  I was the youths bowling coach for 6 years and then the girls High School bowling coach for 6 years.  That was the sport I coached her in.
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 17, 2011, 12:00:00 PM
Oh yeah...I have done more than my fair share.  I was the youths bowling coach for 6 years and then the girls High School bowling coach for 6 years.  That was the sport I coached her in.
bowling.. you had bowling in high school... we had a surfing club

Pooh

Lol.  No beaches around here so no surfing club.
Joseph Campbell