March 28, 2024, 01:09:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Extreme Home Makeover

Started by Pooh, February 16, 2011, 10:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

A family about 20 miles from me was chosen by Extreme Home Makeover to receive a new home.  I watch the show sometimes, with kleenex in hand because I'm a big wah-wah crybaby with those things and am always amazed by what they do.  But I have to say, watching our communities here come together and how much work they are putting in 24/7 has been really amazing this week.  We have a local news station that has installed a live web cam at the site, and they have been doing around the clock stories on it.  I have watched on FB all week many of my friends go volunteer.  They revealed the family Sunday, demolished the house Monday and today, all the walls are up.  I know when you watch the show, they show them doing this in a week, and I believed them, but it is wild that they really do this.  The house is scheduled to be up and finished Saturday.

And of course, there is Ty mania going on over there!

I wanted to post this because it has been one of those things all week, that reminds me how good and selfless people can be.  And also to let you guys know...they really do this all in a week!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

So...I should be looking for you on TV? I need air times!

Pooh

Ha, No...I haven't gone down there.  They say it's a madhouse, but in a good way.  I've just been keeping up with it on the live webcam, FB and stories.  Several of our local businesses are some of the main players.  They have not announced the air date yet, just saying sometime in May.  The little boy that lives there is precious.  They did interviews with him before they whisked the family away to Disney World.  He is 9 years old and has a rare "brittle bone" disease.  In 9 years, he has broken 59 bones...I can't even imagine. 

Here's the link to one of the live cameras, it you guys want a sneak preview.  It's fun to watch how many people are running around.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13985072
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

And this another news stations web cam...it looks like it is way higher up.  I've just been watching the other more, cause it's fun to watch the people walk by eating a sandwhich or something. I know, I am amused way to easily.

http://www.newschannel9.com/
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Pooh.. go down there and hold up a sign saying Hi to all of us.

What is the name of the disease this child has, do you know?

pam1

Just keep on watching for a Helen Hunt look a like, that would be Pooh

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

I don't know for some reason I picture this  half naked Helen Hunt looking woman chasing a man yelling  no no no more rose petals please

Pooh

Sorry, I had to go look it up Laurie as they keep referring to it as brittle bone disease.  One of the articles says the official name of it is "osteogenesis imperfecta" and says it is a rare genetic condition.

Can't you see me now, sliding across in front of the camera screaming,  "RRRROOOOOARRRRRR   YA YA YA YA YA YA YA WISE WOMEN WAR CRY!!!!!"
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Quote from: Laurie on February 16, 2011, 12:07:49 PM
I don't know for some reason I picture this  half naked Helen Hunt looking woman chasing a man yelling  no no no more rose petals please

Ha ha...but maybe I failed to mention earlier....but I did the rose petals!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Now now Luise....it's not like I got a ring after a huge hiatus or anything....sigh....
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Pooh needs to have Love Guru underneath her name lol. 

Pooh

I've been called quite a few names, but at least that is one I could put without inserting %$# in it!  ;D
Joseph Campbell

pam1

lol or the Love Doctor.  Just a little something to let everyone know where they can go if they need some advice in that dept.