March 28, 2024, 03:16:26 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Pets! Show us your pets!

Started by Scoop, February 14, 2011, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

Just make sure you get two. Our little rat died very young b/c he was alone and depressed.

They're not a lot of work and they do like to snuggle and play. Some people say they stink, but that's probably because they don't clean the cage out often.

luise.volta

And be careful of two-of-"what" or they will have lots of company!

I read someplace that the long tail is like the pole that tightrope walkers use. So that is definitely about balance. The can run across beams way up high.

I had a mouse fall into my hair one night in a rented (too) rustic cabin. I was asleep and it must have been running along a log above me. I just reached up and tossed it across the room and went back to sleep. (Did I tell you about the time a man came into our apartment in the middle of the night? I've never been good at locking doos.)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Thanks guys!

I watched that show Hoarders.  They had an episode of a guy who started out with two females and one male.  And they got out and mated in the walls.  They caught over 2000 on one trip and the guy kept catching hundreds more.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

holliberri

Well, that wrecked all my cute rat thoughts for the day...   ;)

pam1

LOL, they were actually kind of cute and smart.  I felt really bad for the guy. 

Just have to remember two of the same type.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

LaurieS

go for the females if you do Pam.. the females are nice and you don't have to explain the swollen bottoms to a child.

holliberri

Quote from: Laurie on February 22, 2011, 04:33:00 PM
go for the females if you do Pam.. the females are nice and you don't have to explain the swollen bottoms to a child.

LOLOLOLOL,  :D