April 16, 2024, 02:53:54 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Pets! Show us your pets!

Started by Scoop, February 14, 2011, 11:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

I'm still saying it  out loud.. maybe I have a speech impediment because I'm not hearing it.

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I have no pets.....(sigh).  It's one compromise I made for DH.  He loves animals, just not in the house.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, thank heaven! He isn't perfect after all! Whew! I was kelly-green!

Pooh

Well no...not perfect at all....but does it count that he takes me to the zoo, aquarium and pet stores to play with them cause he feels bad?
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

It seems to be working for you but/and it wouldn't for me. When I married Val, 21 years ago, he didn't have a pet because "they were for kids." Well, now what? I had 2 little dogs. Luckily he was so smitten that if I had had a pet rhinoceros that ate at the table he would have taken it in his stride.

Now, however, I never put myself in a spot where he might have to choose between Me, Too, the Chihuahua and me. Nope! Too risky!  ;D ;D ;D

Tara

This is Anne. 
This is my first time to upload a photo, lets see if it works.  -Tara

Tara

This is Annie when she was a baby, she is 4 in the photo above. 

cadagi101

Quote from: pam1 on February 14, 2011, 12:00:08 PM

how gorgeous, those eyes..must be the photo they can't be aqua!!! surely not

Pooh

Quote from: luise.volta on February 14, 2011, 03:00:53 PM
It seems to be working for you but/and it wouldn't for me. When I married Val, 21 years ago, he didn't have a pet because "they were for kids." Well, now what? I had 2 little dogs. Luckily he was so smitten that if I had had a pet rhinoceros that ate at the table he would have taken it in his stride.

Now, however, I never put myself in a spot where he might have to choose between Me, Too, the Chihuahua and me. Nope! Too risky!  ;D ;D ;D

It works because I knew it when we were dating, but I do miss having a pet.  I always had at least one growing up and as an adult.  I said something the other night about a cat, and he just rolled his eyes.  I threw out (just to test the waters) "Oh, honey I know if I pleaded with you and said I really, really wanted a cat, you would give in."  He smiled and said, "I probably would."  So I now know that if I became desperate with want of a pet, he would probably give in, but at the same time, I don't want to do that to him because it wouldn't be fair to him because I knew it up front.
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Hi Julia, no her eyes aren't that aqua, I can't get a picture of her real eye color though, the camera turns it that color.  Her eyes are that newborn baby blueish, it's really hard to tell b/c she is so dark. 

Pooh, my DH was the same way until we went on a field trip to the shelter.  Then we came back with him.  :)

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

pam1

Quote from: Tara on February 14, 2011, 10:25:00 PM
This is Anne. 
This is my first time to upload a photo, lets see if it works.  -Tara

Oh my goodness, how sweet :) 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

Tara

Pam,

so cute.  What kind of dog is he?