March 28, 2024, 10:20:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Kinda sad

Started by FAFE, February 14, 2011, 10:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAFE

No, I don't have a crib.  But I do have a bassinet that she has grown out of and a bouncy chair.  I do have a pack and play now that she has grown out of the bassinet.  The bassinet was one that daughter was going to use, but since they had to go out of state for the adoption, they purchased a small travel crib.  So, I used it at my house.  GD is the 21st baby that has used it, and her name is printed on the bottom of it, as are all the other babies who used it.  Oh, I also have a high chair. 

LaurieS

I am so far behind the times... I was looking at biokleen's bac-out yesterday for organic stains.. and came across some pictures of colorful diapers.. got to looking around and I had no idea they had these snap diapers  http://www.chooseydiapers.com/new.shtml ... kinda cool.. kinda expensive

lancaster lady

DIL uses all these eco friendly cloth nappies .
They come in all colours , designs , personalised .
Time consuming , but she reckons nicer on baby's bottom , and earth friendly .
no landfill sites full of disposable nappies , and they are very cute I must say .

Pen

Those diapers are really cool! I remember when I had wee ones using cloth diaper covers that snapped rather than those horrid, steamy plastic pants with the elastic legs. They only came in white back then, but colors would have made diaper changing a joyous event, LOL.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

LaurieS

LOL.. I forgot about the plastic diaper covers.. I'll admit to it.. I used disposables .. I'm guilty

Pen

Well Laurie, I did too sometimes. Traveling with cloth diapers was a bit tricky. A friend used to let them slosh in soapy water as they drove along...I couldn't quite get into that.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I was born too soon. No disposable diapers!  :(
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Oh yes, I love spring when the snow melts and all the disposable diapers left by snowplayers are suddenly exposed....good times.
-- Annie Gottlieb

holliberri

Quote from: Pen on March 17, 2011, 08:17:47 PM
Oh yes, I love spring when the snow melts and all the disposable diapers left by snowplayers are suddenly exposed....good times.

Pen, what is a snowplayer? I have to ask b/c I'm envisioning people just chaning their child and leaving diapers where ever they want. Gosh, I hope that's not what you mean. Those things (and I do use them) can be toxic to animals if ingested, and if swallowed in large enough of a size can cause a blockage.

LaurieS

Holli.. I think it's when you take your child's overloaded wet diaper and roll it into a ball and then allow it to freeze.. it's a poor mans hockey puck :)

luise.volta

Oh, Laurie....yuck!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

Shhhhhh Luise.. Holli will fall for it.. just watch

holliberri

I seriously did fall for it. I had to finish my test before I could type. I've been flabbergasted for the past half hour.

Thanks.  :)

LaurieS

Hey have you seen OW around.. my dd said that she might be heading for the Dallas area and said that she would gladly transport the girl/rats if OW will take them.. I've gotta find her around here.

holliberri

I still don't have an answer to my question. What are snowplayers doing with diapers?

LOL. OW hasn't been on since this morning. Isn't her rat male? I'm guessing that might not mix with your girls, or it might mix too well. Not sure which. Ha.