March 28, 2024, 10:16:38 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

A woman from another website

Started by 2chickiebaby, November 01, 2009, 04:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

There is a woman from another website (yes, I know I shouldn't read these things) who tries to tell her story of the most terrible and tragic rejection from her DIL, and therefore from her only child, her son.

She is berated, called everything in the book and is told the there must be something that she has done to the DIL to make her feel this way. 

The poor thing, I think, has some progressive disease and tries to combat these women without support of any kind.  My heart just breaks for her.  I keep thinking that someone will come to her rescue and stop these young women from doing this!  But no!  They don't.

If they know she is ill how can they do this to her?  They beat her up verbally daily.  She said that because of her illness, she has kind of isolated herself from people so I guess these are the only outside people she talks to.

Okay, I'm not going to read any more about the poor thing but I tell ya, it's a disgrace what these young woman say to people.  I guess you should expect that on an anonymous web board.  Not here, though.  Thank you, Luise!!!

This really makes you grateful.   

2chickiebaby

A little good news for this poor woman.  One of the DILs said, "it's all about perception". (like that's supposed to help)

Another said, "I think some of us are being too hard on her" (paraphrasing here)