April 18, 2024, 04:26:53 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Can't understand

Started by suz, January 28, 2011, 12:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holliberri

So true, ST. DH thinks his mom wanted him to flunk high school. He skipped several days and the school administrator said, "Parent's note or no graduation." He did graduate, but he says even the teachers thought his mom was being ridiculous.

He said this to her at the table one day (after years of complaining about it). She said, "But they gave you the option of a note or writing a paper! If I didn't have to lie, you were writing the paper."

He still thinks she wanted him to fail. He really believes this, b/c he should never have had to write that paper. Ugh.

LaurieS

It does seem like often times, our kids think that it's our responsibility to pick up the pieces. My own son pulled the same type of stunt and came real close to costing himself the career that he had dreamed of since childhood.  I remember the look he gave us which basically said "I don't know how to fix this".. of course we stood by him but it was his little mess to deal with. Hopefully with him he sees this as one of his own failures to setup when he should have instead of shifting the blame onto us.