March 28, 2024, 02:44:05 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Looking into my monitor.. Luise are you there?

Started by LaurieS, February 12, 2011, 03:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenHope

Quote from: Laurie on April 13, 2011, 10:38:05 PM
I know this wasn't addressed to me but I've heard of young adults getting shingles.. while I've never known of a child who had an outbreak I know that it's possible.  The medical field says that your chances increase dramatically over 60 years of age.  While it can often be pinpointed to severe stress both physical and mental, this is not the only cause for outbreaks.

Well that makes scense now. Afterall the enviroment we lived in wasnt the best. He also got Bells Pasly at age 14 and I think that is a related to Shingles as well if I am not mistaken.
:) sad to think how it effected him.

luise.volta

My doc said there are a lot of old-wives tales about Shingles. Like you can only get them once - not so. Like you can only get them on one side of your body - not so. Like kids don't get them - not so. And like the shot for shingles won't help if you have had them - not so.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

BrokenHope

All I remember is he was in alot of pain thats for sure.