March 18, 2024, 11:52:13 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Grandparent's Name

Started by holliberri, February 10, 2011, 07:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

Quote from: luise.volta on February 14, 2011, 11:00:43 AM
When I first got Skype, I thought when my screen showed someone online that they were trying to reach me.  ;D So, I responded and there was my grandson in Paris...scratching his hairy chest and yawning...not a pretty sight.

LOL! 

For my first and probably only session I dressed up in Sundays best and kept checking my teeth the 15 mins before show time.  And then my sister was in her jammies.  Some people
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Yup, that's what my first one looked like, too.  :o Use "Preview" first before you hit "Send." Don't give up! It is such a rush when you make it!  :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

I loved it when Kirk, (who lives in Hawaii), moved his Skype camera around and showed me his home office and then out the windows...taking in their yard with bananas, paypaya, coconut palms, and gorgeous flowers. I also got to meet his lovebird, Kiwi, that way.  :D

Pooh

I would be afraid I would catch my YS scratching something else!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

LOLOLOLOL

Now I'm paranoid, I'm going to make DH uninstall.  What if someone can see me right now???? 

seasage

OK, I think I understand.  You have to use the URL of a picture that is somewhere on the web, not a picture from your own computer.  That is the reason for icebucket.  I found a picture of my pazzo DIL on the web.

BTW, I did not use icebucket for the two pictures above.  So I think the key is using a legal URL to an image file, not necessarily using icebucket.  I am betting you could post your pictures on Picasaweb or on Facebook, and then insert the link using the image button below B on the WWU toolbar.

I don't use Facebook, but these are the steps I used to insert the pictures above.  I am pretty sure these steps will allow you to insert one of your facebook pictures here.
1. Click on the image button that is just below the on the WWU posting page. Hit the spacebar one of more times.   
2. Go to your Facebook page, right-click on the picture you want to copy to WWU, select "Copy Image URL".
3. Go back to the WWU posting page, put your cursor between the  that were deposited by step one.  Right click your mouse and select "Paste".

Use preview to look at your picture.  If it doesn't appear, you probably have destroyed the left bracket [ that goes in front of /img].  That's what happened to me in my post above.  You can fix it by typing a left bracket [.

seasage

Whoopso, typos above, and yet I see we are now living under a "no-modify" regime.  Not being able to fix my typos is going to drive me nuts, nuts, nuts!!!

LaurieS

You're correct.. you don't need to use photobucket.. but it's a great/free starting place for most people here to understand what online photo storage is.

luise.volta

Wheee! You did it!

You would all have gotten a kick out of me trying to explain Photobucket to my sort of daughter that does amateur photography and keeps messing up her hard drive(s) with too many pictures. I am not the person to explain Photobucket!  ;D ;D ;D

pam1

now what is that a picture of?  lol

LaurieS

luise.volta

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

That or it kind of looks like my Ex-Husband???
Joseph Campbell