March 19, 2024, 01:00:34 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Grandparent's Name

Started by holliberri, February 10, 2011, 07:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

uhhh...where is the posting area?   ;D
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

;D ;D ;D Laurie taught me to do it and if I can learn...anybody can!  ;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Posting area = in here

Is the picture just on your computer or do you have it downloaded to an image site?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

It's just on my computer.  Is an imaging site like photobucket?  Do you have to pay for that?

Pooh

No, photobucket is free (when you register, there is a free option and a pay-upgrade option, just choose the free one).  After you register and then upload your pic to your account, there will be four options below or beside your pic, click on the one that says "Direct link".  It will automatically copy it.  You can post it here using the image button (the button in the icon toolbar below the B, hover over it and it says, insert image).  Click on that button, then paste in between the two words, [img]copy it here[img], then preview to see if it worked.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

That's what I did, and I can do it...well, you "get the picture." (Pun intended.)

Pooh

Don't you mean, WE'LL get the picture? Lol.
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Thanks Pooh!  I'm glad I can ask my silly questions here, I think I'm a permanent 3 years behind with the tech stuff.  I will try it tonight :)  And then you will all be in trouble if I can get it to work..bwahahahaha

luise.volta

Pooh

Hee hee...can't wait!  I'm not as good as Laurie, cause she does all those screen shot thingies, so if that didn't make sense, get her to explain it better.
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Yeah, I saw her mention on one post about take a pic on skype.  I recently tried skype...and man, if I could get a few still shots off of that...lol so funny. 

I really didn't care for it though, I felt like I had to yell to be heard and was all up in the screen trying to see.  Massive headache afterward and I had to go take a nap.

luise.volta

And Laurie had to walk me through it a zillion times! Have faith!  ;)

Pooh

I don't like skype either...reminds me of strobe lights!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

When I first got Skype, I thought when my screen showed someone online that they were trying to reach me.  ;D So, I responded and there was my grandson in Paris...scratching his hairy chest and yawning...not a pretty sight.

seasage