March 28, 2024, 09:24:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

How do you activate the toobar

Started by Louey0727, February 09, 2011, 02:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louey0727

When I typing a post, I am able to use the toolbar features, such as Bold, Font, change colour etc.
Is there a procedure to activiate for being able to use a feature.\
Thank you

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Louey0727

Luise!

How in the word did you do that?  Please tell me?

Maybe I did not explain myself correctly, when typing a post, I want to change a color or make the type bold, when I click on these tabs it does work.

Thanks Luise, for the words going across the screen, Wow!  I am impressed but still would like to know about my question?

luise.volta

I clicked on the 7th icon over on the middle line. It is a "M" When it comes up in the reply box, where I am now typing you click in the middle and put what ever you want there. Then go down below the reply box and click on Preview to see if you got it right. (I learned that from Laurie.)

If you can use color and bold, etc., I honestly don't understand your question. Maybe Laurie can answer it.

LaurieS

Sure.. highlight the text (in your reply text box) that you would like to make bold or change the color of and then click the pull down for change color.. click the color you want.. same with bold.. highlight the text you would like to have altered and then click the B for bold

If you hold your cursor over the different tabs you will see what each one is.

When done, click "preview" and scroll back up above the command keys to see the preview.. hope that helps.. if you can't get it pm me and I'll walk you through it.

luise.volta

LaurieS

not a problem.. it's nice to be a little creative with your postings

luise.volta

LaurieS

yeah but I did give up on teaching the kids to tie shoe laces (two were lefties) and went to velcro... computer commands are so much easier

luise.volta

Louey0727

To Laurie:
It worked, thanks.
The step I missed out was "preview" where it shows what I did, such as bold and change colour.
I assumed when I was typing the post, and clicked on these buttons, it would show in the post I was typing.
Since I never tried using the toolbar, I assumed it would be the same as typing a letter in Microsoft Word or other word programs, and you could use these toolbar features, when typing.
Thank you

LaurieS

yep it's a little different.... so the next rainbow post is coming from you I'm assuming.

Louey0727

Dear Laurie:
Excuse, my ignorance, but what do you mean by "rainbow posting", is that the one that Luise shows in her posting, where words go across the screen?
If so, how do you do that?
Want to learn! Yep! even at my age.
Thanks again Laurie

LaurieS

no I meant a rainbow of different colors... what Luise does is called scrolling

Once again highlight what you would like to have scroll and then click the Marque command..(if you are looking at all your command buttons it's the one that is actually scrolling with the M on it)

;D  just like this  ;)
Again.. look at your preview to see if it's responding the way you intended.

Louey0727

like this Laurie
Wow!  I have learned more in one day, then I have in ages.
Is there a section in this forum for learning all these features, or is a matter of common sense?
Thanks again, for your help.