March 28, 2024, 08:30:42 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Looks like I may have a SIL... so excited

Started by LaurieS, February 07, 2011, 11:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurieS

My dd's bf called me this morning to tell me that he had just purchased a beautiful engagement ring for my baby girl.  She is going to be soooo excited, he didn't say when or how he is going to propose to her, but I know that he's getting help and support (new thing I guess) from the guys in his squad.  Who knows what he has cooked up.. he did say that he'd like to take us out to dinner so he can speak with us before he proposes.. he stopped for a second and asked.. you are going to tell me it's ok? right?

Ahhh to be young and in love.

Right now it's a beautiful sunny day.. the outside temp is 68 in the shade.. I'm going for a walk around the pond..

holliberri

Congrats!!! That's awesome! She'll be excited!

pam1

Awwww, that is exciting!

Did he give you any details about the bling?
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Oh, and I know you can't say anything yet, but after it happens I want to be the first to welcome her to the Family in Blue!  Congrats Laurie, I know you like this guy and are happy for DD!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Bf just called me back and said that he'll bring the ring when he takes us out to dinner to chat with dad.  He really is a special guy.. and has cute dimples to boot.  But he has to stop saying yes ma'am like like I'm getting a ticket.   

Pooh

Ohh....ohhh....we now have to start a new thread entitled "Wedding Ideas"....huh huh....Lol
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

holliberri

Yes, Pooh! It is totally our job to be planning this one!  ;) Haha!

luise.volta

That is SO sweet!  :D

And I hope there is ICE on your pond!!  >:(  (We have a cold, cold, Arctic wind today that goes through to your bones...not fair!)

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

LaurieS

It was a little breezy so I only did one trip around the pond.. so  nice to live right on the walking trail.. but I'll admit I spend more time counting other peoples laps.

luise.volta

Oh, shoot...no ice there, huh?  ;D ;D ;D I did Curves this AM and got me a new Curves T-shirt!  ;D

LaurieS

I did curves this morning and about fell off of one of the machines... how did you get a t-shirt

luise.volta

Pooh

Quote from: holliberri on February 07, 2011, 12:58:34 PM

I don't think she is appreciating our humor!
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on February 07, 2011, 01:31:15 PM
Are you serious? As in Curves?
Yes I joined Curves and got my foot caught on one of the machines.. you guys have machines right?

LaurieS

Quote from: Pooh on February 07, 2011, 01:33:24 PM
Quote from: holliberri on February 07, 2011, 12:58:34 PM

I don't think she is appreciating our humor!
Oh no no no.. I will need your help.. I may have to deal with a bunch of officers.. I don't always understand the humor... I'm counting on you pooh for that insight and I'll go with the dil's to tell me what traditions are in or out at this time.

I'm counting on all of you... I can't wait to meet this guys parents