April 16, 2024, 10:39:08 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Looks like I may have a SIL... so excited

Started by LaurieS, February 07, 2011, 11:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Fourteen machines with fourteen step boards in between them. I have never seen anyone fall and I've been going since 2005 (off and on) but I would bet you are more talented than most.  ;)

(Truth be told: The off and on part is because I managed to trip over a gust of wind three times causing various fractures here and there.)

Lots of wonderful Curves T-shirts here. Want me to get you one?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Ha ha...donuts...lots of donuts.  I call them "Police Biscuits".
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

LaurieS

oh wouldn't a krispy kreme donut cake be a hoot

LaurieS

Quote from: luise.volta on February 07, 2011, 01:57:00 PM
Lots of wonderful Curves T-shirts here. Want me to get you one?
I think I'll wait till my curves are not so curvy :) but thanks

luise.volta

;D ;D ;D Well, let me know by PM, if you change your mind. They have up to 4X and can hide a lot of Curves!  ;D

LaurieS

lol.. well thank goodness I'm not doing 4x's .. thanks Luise

Pen

Laurie, that's wonderful news! He sounds like a gem, no pun intended. I hope we get frequent updates..
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

This my 100th post on the WWU forum ...and I'm so glad it's a HAPPY one .....
I can see you smiling from here Laurie .....many congrats to the happy couple ..x

holliberri

Congrats, LL! I say chocolate for the occasion!

LaurieS

Well one thing I can guarantee is that we'll have the best armed wedding in town. 

One of my dd's classmates became a professional photographer, she has a quirky eye, but that may blend with the newer age wedding affair.  DD thought that if he ever actually proposes that she'll hire her ex classmate to do the engagement photos to see if they are  a good fit.  She has no clue that he has purchased the ring, and she is getting anxious as Valentine's approaches... he has no intentions of proposing to her on the Vday.

I had to laugh.. I asked him if he ever called his mom to tell her that he's gone as far as to buy the ring.. he said yeah but she was watching the bachelor and asked if he could  call her back a little later.  That just struck me as being humorous. 

Pooh

Laurie, I actually had a police wedding, with 20 something Officers in attendance (It's a small force, thank goodness).  Now, I say police wedding, but we incorporated other things.  But I had an offical guard squad that marched in, and I walked through coming down the sidewalk.  We also exited through them with there batons raised...oh lol.  Let me tell you, I did not know what they were doing...but when I got to the end of the guard, the first Officer stepped over in front of us, blocking our exit, saluted and yelled in this big booming voice, "Halt!  Mrs. XXXXXX".  I didn't know what was up, but then he yelled "Welcome Mrs. XXXXX to the family!"  And the Officer behind me swatted my backside with his baton!  It was priceless and one of my favorite moments.

Oh, I got married on a playground!  Ha ha ha ha ha
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Faithlooksup

CONGRATULATIONS~~~He sounds like a keeper...

LaurieS

Thanks Faith he is ... My dd got some bad breaks off and on throughout  life.. we all do but there were times that she seemed to get more then her fair share.  She always said that she can put up with anything as long as she ended up with someone who truly loves the real her. 

The other day she reminded me of a time back when she was playing high school ball.. one little teammate really made a bad play and it cost the game.. It's a game for goodness sake.. but parents were ignoring her, and teammates were getting some little digs in, and this poor little girl was just  crying her heart out... her dad was there but you could tell that he was clueless how to make this better. DD was saying Mom go do something.. so I walked over and gave her a hug and said yep that play changed the game, but it doesn't mean you now have to grow up and marry an ugly man.  Not that that made a whole lot of sense, but I guess it did to her.. Our  inside joke is when ever we screw up...  yes I screwed up but thank goodness it doesn't mean I have to marry an ugly man.

Ok..  I never said that we were normal.

luise.volta

February 08, 2011, 08:09:21 AM #29 Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:23:14 AM by luise.volta
Married on a playground! I LOVE it! Sounds solemn when it should have been, (honor guard,) exuberant when appropriate, (welcome shouts) and silly just for fun (baton swat.) I may need to get married for the sixth time after Val passes just to be more creative. I'm trying to picture how a bunch of Octogenarians could pull it off.  ;D ;D ;D