March 18, 2024, 09:33:09 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

To Add A Picture To Your Profile Name

Started by cocobars, February 12, 2010, 05:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

February 12, 2010, 05:43:59 PM Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:46:44 AM by cocobars
To add a picture there are two ways to do it and I'll split them both into your choices below in bold:

From the main menu, click on "Profile" at the top of the page

From that screen hold your browser on "Modify Profile" (above your name)
This will give you a drop-down screen.  Click on "Forum Profile"

CHOICE #1
If you want to add a person picture (and are not worried about identity) click on "Upload..."  Follow the prompts from the site.  This wil lead you through your files and you can select a picture you like from there.

CHOICE #2
If you would like to be more discreet, there are gallery pic's to choose from.  Just click on Gallery and follow the prompts there.

Don't forget to save!  Enjoy your new profile picture!

Let me know if these instructions are too vague and I'll keep refining them if need be. :)  They are very general.  I can walk you through if necessary.

luise.volta

Thanks so much for putting up this post. I tried to change my picture today. I did it OK last time but I couldn't today no matter how hard I tried. So I asked Kirk to do it for me. What a chicken! LOL!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

Quote from: luise.volta on February 12, 2010, 10:42:36 PM
Thanks so much for putting up this post. I tried to change my picture today. I did it OK last time but I couldn't today no matter how hard I tried. So I asked Kirk to do it for me. What a chicken! LOL!
LOL!  Don't be chicken.  You can't really mess anything up, but may just end up clicking on the wrong picture.  That's not a problem, because you can go back in and do it again until you have the one you want.  Each time you change it, your picture will change.

By the way, when your picture comes up you will also be shown other things you can add.  Just answer what you feel comfortable with and leave the ones blank that you don't want "the world" to know.

luise.volta

OH, Crapinsky! I failed to hit "change Profile!  :o

luise.volta

Now we have a tiny (you probably need a magnifying glass) picture of me with our worthy webmaster. :)

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Two peas in a pod but one is in Washington and one is in Hawaii. Big pod!

cocobars

You did it!  Wonderful!  This one is nice too!

Feel that?  It's me patting your back!  :)

luise.volta

peggyrice@triad.rr.com

This picture was from my older son's marriage - the son that will not speak to me any more because the DIL is "done with me".  I was happy that day.  I thought I was getting a good daughter in law - a good partner for my son - a welcome member to our family.   Boy was I wrong!  She is nowhere close to the person we saw that day.  I wonder - did she play us? or did she go nuts when the grandchild was born?  I may never know the answer to that one.......

2chickiebaby

Carolina,
She did not go nuts when your grandchild was born; she played you.  Pitiful.  That's what the world is made of now.

Someone said the other day that money was the most important thing in the world. It came from a young woman about 40.  I asked her if money trumped everything and she said, "yes, it does; it's all that matters"

peggyrice@triad.rr.com

Thanks 2chickie,  keep me realistic please.  I think it easier when you can blame it on mental illness rather than evil.  It is just so sad to think and realize that your son has coupled with such a shallow and manipulative person.  She has to be miserable and he will be if he realizes what he married.  I also worry what influence she will have on my grandchild....It is hard for me to see positive in this situation....

2chickiebaby

February 14, 2010, 05:54:42 PM #12 Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 05:57:07 PM by 2chickiebaby
I honestly don't think the DILs think we've had kids, Carolina and MominW.  We did have kids.......millions upon millions of women have children everyday.  Some people literally have them and go right on picking grapes or whatever they were doing before it happened.

I'll have to admit, I didn't go right on picking grapes....I took care of the baby, though.

Oddly, athough I might have had hormonal issues, I never knew I had hormones so I didn't have issues with PPD, except I did cry when the last one was not a girl.  I had to stuff my feelings because I had a baby to care for.  So I guess I was stuffing my feelings and now I'm sad????  Hello?? 

I sound like I'm 100 years old but I'm not.