March 28, 2024, 04:22:35 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dreams

Started by pam1, February 07, 2011, 07:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

February 07, 2011, 07:45:58 AM Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:00:21 AM by luise.volta
You know it's bad when you have multiple dreams of the same thing.

Why do I keep dreaming of having a Last Supper with the in laws?  It all goes well until suddenly I go around the table and say a quiet, but firm "I'm done with you" to each of them and walk away.  This is starting to disturb me.

And I'm embarassed, DH heard me last night.  (I talk in my sleep)

Help!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

pam1

luise.volta

We often do in our dreams what we can't do in real life...like fly. Do you breathe well through your nose? If so, tape your mouth shut before you go to sleep. :-X
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

luise.volta

Oh, darn! Well, then, I'd take the 5th Amendment each night before dropping off. Or maybe tell him about the dream and get his take on it?

Pooh

I'm a big believer in our subconscious manifesting through dreams.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

pam1

Quote from: Pooh on February 07, 2011, 08:17:36 AM

:-\  I hope this doesn't come across as stupid as it sounds -- but what does that mean?  Like my subconscious is telling me I want to do that?

Pooh

Not exactly that...Lol.  But if you are having issues about something, you suddenly have a weird dream about something related.

Ok, I had one the other night.  Saturday, I have this weird dream about being on a see-saw at a hospital.  And every time I went up, they were scanning my chest behind me, but it was going too fast and I was about to fall off.  They were yelling at me for not staying still, and I was yelling back I couldn't because it was going to fast!

I am totally sure I had that weird dream because I went to the doctor Friday and I have to have some more tests.  But, I don't think they will put me on a see-saw!   ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Ah, ok.  So maybe I'm just working it out and won't become a raving lunatic.  The dreams are so vivid though.

Pooh

Ha ha.  You are fine.  You have had this on your mind a bunch and it is carrying over into your dreams.  I have read many books on the subconscious, and it is fasinating.
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

Pen

Lately I've been bothered by feeling that my DS's ILs think DS is their son and we don't exist. I had a dream the other night that I was playing and laughing with their DS while his parents looked on in disapproval. It doesn't take much effort to figure that one out!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Once you're awake, you're still in charge...no matter what your subconscious is up to.

I dreamed last night that someone had painted around my base boards. My rooms were a soft cream and the paint was a very bright blue and a bright yellow. I tried to call "maintenance" but I couldn't get the number right and got a girl who said I woke her up but that was OK, she was ready to talk, now. Then I asked my dad and he started reciting the names of four philosophers. The phone was round, on a cord, strange looking thing...and I just couldn't get my message out there.

cremebrulee

February 07, 2011, 08:52:20 AM #14 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:53:59 AM by cremebrulee
Quote from: pam1 on February 07, 2011, 08:25:24 AM
Quote from: Pooh on February 07, 2011, 08:17:36 AM

:-\  I hope this doesn't come across as stupid as it sounds -- but what does that mean?  Like my subconscious is telling me I want to do that?

Hi Pam
I'm guessing what it means it, that our subconscious thoughts are not always available to us, sometimes, emotionally we blank out thoughts, so when we sleep, those thoughts come out in our dreams, and what she is doing, in her dreams is something that gives her subconscious relief...it cleans her soul to be able to say to them, "I'm done".   

It's perfectly normal and apparently something that is bothering her a lot...not that she wants to in reality say to them "I'm done" with each of them, Or not? 

...however, it's the soul's way of relieving itself of tension.  Serioulsy, I think she wants more then anything to get along with them and resolve the issue...maybe she cannot do that in reality, but in her dreams she can, by calling it quits?

Researchers agree that there is a purpose and importance to dreaming.
People who are deprived from entering the dream phase of sleep, or the REM stage, exhibit symptoms of irritability and anxiety.

also, in dreams especially the lucid dream, you are able to direct your dreams in any area you desire...and you are more willing to confront threats....overcome phobias, ask your boss/husband for a raise, and the brain activity during the dream state, is the same as a real life event, so the practice/lessons your learning in this dream state, are related to our waking world....

I wouldn't worry to much, your simply letting off steam, and by God, your husband should know how you feel, especially if it's causing you to have reoccuring dreams like this, b/c its definately upsetting you...

Hugs
Creme