April 16, 2024, 08:07:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dreams

Started by pam1, February 07, 2011, 07:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on February 07, 2011, 09:24:28 AM
(We are both so bad, Faith!  :o  I'm glad I'm not alone...)

On a more serious note, if feelings aren't felt and expressed consciously, I agree that  dreams could be a healthy way to express them.

Hi Creme! Good to see you!

Thanks, you to..... ;D

Faithlooksup

Quote from: luise.volta on February 07, 2011, 09:24:28 AM
(We are both so bad, Faith!  :o  I'm glad I'm not alone...)
Luise, you are corrupting me~~but that's OK for I Love you dearly!!!!!

Faithlooksup

pam1

I'm here, just thinking on it.

There is a lot of backstory.  Mainly just very controlling and overbearing consistent behavior.

The straw that broke the camels back was gossiping about my medical condition.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Faithlooksup

OK~~~so now I can see why you want to tell them that you are done with them....Makes sense doesn't it Pam.....They hurt you, they gossiped about your medical condition, which is unfair to you...Have you discussed this with your DH?????

Faithlooksup

Another thought Pam~~~where they really gossiping, or perhaps talking with others as far as what they could do to help????  Or getting different opinions from others????  Remember there is a difference with all of this.....So Please do weigh all options out carefully with this as well.....

Hugs across the  miles, Faith

holliberri

If they're talking about a medical condition that Pam wanted no one to know anything about...then yes, it's gossip. It doesn't matter whether they were concerned for her health or looking for input.

Also, even if she was open to other people talking about it...if they started chatting about how she either developed or could've prevented the medical condition, that's gossip too.

pam1

Yeah, thanks Holli.  That is exactly what happened.

But more.  Ahhh, I want to get it out but so paranoid.  Maybe I need to change my screen name.

LaurieS

You don't tell a soul in my family about a medical problem.. my family can make high speed internet look slow.  But if I did ask Mom that no one be told I think she would have honored that.

LaurieS

Quote from: pam1 on February 07, 2011, 11:24:43 AM
Yeah, thanks Holli.  That is exactly what happened.

But more.  Ahhh, I want to get it out but so paranoid.  Maybe I need to change my screen name.

Why are you really Pam1 in real life?

pam1

Yes.  That's my nickname.  Pam-won, I don't think the inlaws know that tho.  MIL calls me Pamela!  Really fast and hard.  It's funny, I feel like I just got called to the principals office every time she calls my name.

LaurieS

trust me the 1 following pam will throw her off.. your secret is safe with us

pam1

February 07, 2011, 04:54:32 PM #42 Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:57:02 PM by pam1
tmi

luise.volta

That is such a sad story. Facing a loss like that is horrific (been there) even if everyone is supportive. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

holliberri

Pam,

I've been through miscarriages, IVF, subfertility, you name it. It's all painful, whether you have kids, don't have kids, want kids, even don't want kids. Knowing that it's your body and there's nothing you can do about what is happening is the worst.

I know people really don't know how to be supportive...but this? They have no comprehension of what happened to you, and are showing no sympathy.

Lack of sympathy is one thing, lack of comprehension is one thing, but to pass "armchair judgement" and decide what you should be doing about something they likely have no idea about is deplorable. This positively disgusts me.

I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm so sorry about them.