March 28, 2024, 08:41:59 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dreams

Started by pam1, February 07, 2011, 07:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faithlooksup

Pam1~~is this something you would like to tell your In-laws?  Perhaps their is sopmething you want to say to them and are a bit leary to do so?

Faithlooksup

Quote from: luise.volta on February 07, 2011, 08:47:31 AM
Once you're awake, you're still in charge...no matter what your subconscious is up to.

I dreamed last night that someone had painted around my base boards. My rooms were a soft cream and the paint was a very bright blue and a bright yellow. I tried to call "maintenance" but I couldn't get the number right and got a girl who said I woke her up but that was OK, she was ready to talk, now. Then I asked my dad and he started reciting the names of four philosophers. The phone was round, on a cord, strange looking thing...and I just couldn't get my message out there.
Oh-Oh Luise that was me doing your baseboards last night after I had my fifth...Sorry, I was sleepwalking ;)

luise.volta

I can see that I didn't take this seriously. I apologize.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

luise.volta

And you're just as bad, Faith!  >:(  :P

pam1

Creme!!!  I was just wondering where you've been.  Lots of good stuff.  DH knows probably only superficially how I feel at the moment and I'm not even sure that I know what I'm feeling.  I dunno, I'm not much of a feeling type gal.  I have two easily accessible emotions that I can identify that I'm feeling for the most part.  Happy and Mad.  I don't know if you saw my personality type test (it's in grab bag too) but I'm working on developing feeeeeeeelings.  LOL, not so simple.

I dunno, it's hard.  When I think about what I truly want in life it's just to love and be love.  I really dislike ill will and negativity.  Chronically mean people should just be put on an island and duke it out.

I'm ok with indifference or just a peaceful coexistence but purposely nasty?  Ugh
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

pam1

Quote from: Faithlooksup on February 07, 2011, 08:54:19 AM
Pam1~~is this something you would like to tell your In-laws?  Perhaps their is sopmething you want to say to them and are a bit leary to do so?

I don't know and that scares me.

Sometimes when I'm pushed too much I feel like I react like a LION.  RAWR.

But what right do I have?  I keep looking at DH and feel so bad. 

Pooh

Oh please don't tell me we have to start taking everything serious....or I'm in big trouble and will be apologizing a bunch. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Pam, its just because it has been on your mind a bunch.  As soon as you resolve the problem, either with them, or yourself....the dream will go away.  It is simply your brains way of saying, you may be asleep, but I am still functioning.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Faithlooksup

Quote from: pam1 on February 07, 2011, 09:02:54 AM
Quote from: Faithlooksup on February 07, 2011, 08:54:19 AM

I don't know and that scares me.

Sometimes when I'm pushed too much I feel like I react like a LION.  RAWR.

But what right do I have?  I keep looking at DH and feel so bad.
Pam,  I think you have to know if something about them is troubleing you~~something you want to tell them but are frightened to say.....Something you have stuffed way down deep inside and its coming up when you sleep for it is in your subconscious mind--knocking on your door....

Faithlooksup

Quote from: luise.volta on February 07, 2011, 09:01:04 AM
And you're just as bad, Faith!  >:(  :P
I could not help myself Luise.... ;D

pam1

Oh I know that something is bothering me and I do know what it is.

I just don't know if I want to say anything to them or not. I guess I don't trust myself right now.  Super angry.

holliberri

Pam,

I really don't dream about people I know. Except, when I was pregnant, I dreamt I gave birth to my DD and she had my DH's smile...complete with his full set of teeth.

I'm pretty good at suppressing emotions, but I lost my best friend in a helicopter crash and then I lost another to cancer.  I was brooding over their death a few months after the fact (each time), then I had a dream about each of them.

The first left behind a wife and child, and I was concerned about them. In the dream, he was going around opening  doors for his wife. She couldn't see him, but saw the doors opening automatically. Somehow, I knew she'd be okay.

The second I grew up with. We were sledding (27 year olds here), and then she told me she had to go. I gave her a hug and wouldn't let her go. She kept saying, "I have to go. I have to go." So I finally let go of her...then I woke up.

I think both of them happened just b/c my brain was trying to get me to accept facts. So, maybe your subconscious is telling you you're warranted in feeling the way you do about your ILs? Since your repeating the same dream over again...maybe there is something you need to get off your chest?

Faithlooksup

Pam, well now its coming out----so what are you angry about??????

Faithlooksup

Pam~~~~ What do you want to tell them????? Tell us...we are here....

luise.volta

(We are both so bad, Faith!  :o  I'm glad I'm not alone...)

On a more serious note, if feelings aren't felt and expressed consciously, I agree that  dreams could be a healthy way to express them.

Hi Creme! Good to see you!