March 28, 2024, 11:10:22 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Sociological Issues of our times that may affect families

Started by Tara, March 02, 2011, 07:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

March 07, 2011, 11:24:56 AM #30 Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:35:04 AM by luise.volta
That's because:

#1. You are not 85.
#2, He is not 85.

;D ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Faith.  I also attended Catholic School elementary and high school.   Of course it was run by nuns.  One Nun would always tell us "Girls, your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit..Dont let anyone touch you"... boy do we all remember her words.  When we get together for Class Reunions....we always repeat her words.   My children attended the same schools I did  because I did like the discipline and like how they taught other principles.   But more than morality, I spoke to my children of the consequences they may suffer for wrong choices and how it can change their lives forever.  We can teach our children...but it is still their decision when making choices. 

'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Hey Nana!  Do you know what you get when you cross Holy Water and Castor Oil????

A Religious movement.......

;D  ;D  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

LaurieS

Pooh.. that was bad .... sooooo bad  ;D

I can see that you're back to working it up to get me in trouble again.. some how, some way.

overwhelmed123

Quote from: Pooh on March 08, 2011, 12:03:42 PM
Hey Nana!  Do you know what you get when you cross Holy Water and Castor Oil????

A Religious movement.......

;D  ;D  ;D

Bahahahaha!   :o

Tara

Hey Pooh,

dh is a catholic and I just told him your joke.  he LOL    8) 8)

Pooh

Hee hee, glad he liked it.  I have a friend who is Catholic, and I told her that joke awhile back.  She laughed and then looked all serious at me and said, "This....coming from the girl who's religion includes rattle snakes."  I started laughing and said, "Hey, say what you want...but we have the best bands!"
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

So, this sweet old guy died and went to heaven. St. Pete was showing him around and as they passed a door they looked in on everyone seemingly having a great party. As they passed...Pete said, "Those are the Methodists." They passed similar parties being held by the Baptists,  Lutherans and Presbyterians. Then Pete said..."We need to tip-toe past this next door. The Catholics are in there and they think they are the only ones up here."

I get to tell that since I was once a very serious Catholic. LOL!

Pooh

Ha ha ha...good one.

A Priest, a Rabbi and a Preacher went fishing.  After a couple of hours they ran out of bait because they were catching so many fish.  They looked across the lake and saw a bait and tackle store.  So the Priest said, "I'll get some more", and he walked across the water and back.  An hour later, they ran out again and the Rabbi said, "I'll get it this time", and he walked across the water and back.  A couple hours later, they ran out again so the Preacher said, "My turn" and stepped in the lake and sunk.

The Priest looked at the Rabbi and said, "Guess we should have showed him where the rocks were."

(yes we call them Preachers in COG, so I can tell this one)  ;D
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta